Sponsored by:

newbie Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default newbie Question

Hi All

New to Nitrous so please excuse me if any of these are stupid questions.
I am thinking of getting a Nitrous Express NXL LS1 system, as I am sure others on this forum have this system what do you think of it? Do I need anything else to get the best from it, window switches, controllers etc????

It’s going on a LS1 obviously, running a Harrop 112 supercharger @12psi, forged rods and pistons, 212/212 cam, head work and headers.

Fuel pump is stock 04 cv8 Monaro (tank under trunk I am not sure this model made it to the USA) do I need to upgrade this?

I only run it on 99 Octane fuel.

Any setup advice also welcome

TIA
Old 10-03-2008, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

How large of a shot are you looking to spray? There are quite a few accessories that you should look into as far as maximizing the potential of which ever kit you decide on. A popular package that we sell is the All-Out package. Included are just about every accessory you would need including our MicroEDGE controller, which has built in TPS, Window Switch, and lean a/f shut off. You can also substitute out the TR-6 plugs to a colder set as well.

Yes, definately switch out the pump. Running both the blower and nitrous is going to take a toll on the system. 99 RON gas is fine. Feel free to shoot me over a PM and we can discuss your goals further. Thanks

Nick

Last edited by Nick@HSW; 10-03-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Probably going to start small (safe) with a 100 shot and as confidence grows maybe move up to 200 or 250.
The other option I am considering is a 50 or 75 shot dual nozzle into the airbox just to cool the charge.
Not sure which way to go at present
Old 10-03-2008, 08:29 PM
FormerVendor

Sent you a PM. Let me know if I can be of any further service. Thanks.

Nick
Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had alot of dealings with the NXL systems. I do not think it would work well with your application.

There are quite a few other options for your application that would work well. We have quite a few wholesale accounts that stock our products in your country. I would be happy to guide you into a system that would work great with your application and set you up with one of our wholesalers close to you if it would help.
Dave