LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New car - Z28

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car - Z28

So I just picked up my 81 Z28. It's a 305, carb'd, and in pretty good shape. I know it's not exactly an LT-1, but I figured I would be able to ask you guys about it in here. Or is the 305 considered an LT1? Either way, it's Black, with Gold striping, and a 5-speed in it. Picked it up for about 1800$. Paint's a bit rough around the t-tops (Which I am sure leak), other than that it runs fine.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

no lt1s came out in 92 and they are totally different from the first gen. small block
Old 10-04-2008, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
So I just picked up my 81 Z28. It's a 305, carb'd, and in pretty good shape. I know it's not exactly an LT-1, but I figured I would be able to ask you guys about it in here. Or is the 305 considered an LT1? Either way, it's Black, with Gold striping, and a 5-speed in it. Picked it up for about 1800$. Paint's a bit rough around the t-tops (Which I am sure leak), other than that it runs fine.
Your sig sucks. Put your head between your legs and pretend the world is a beautiful place.

Last edited by AChotrod; 10-04-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Your sig sucks. Put your head between your legs and pretend the world is a beutiful place.
If you support bush you should sell your camaro.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

ok this is getting locked soon.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Dailyz28
If you support bush you should sell your camaro.
If you support weak foreign policies you should move to Canada

Old 10-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Obama!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:04 PM
8 Second Club

Obama and McCain Both suck IMO. I wanted Ron Paul...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1BDTRAM
Obama and McCain Both suck IMO. I wanted Ron Paul...
Sure you did
Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
8 Second Club

Your sig sucks. Put your head between your legs and pretend the world is a beutiful place.
I bet your car isn't faster...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
8 Second Club

Sure you did
What does that mean...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Teching In

What does that mean...
No one wants ron paul, not even ron paul
Old 10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

I bet your car isn't faster...
Faster than what? His 305? My car is stock but I have the parts to make your car look slow.
LOl! I knew that first reply would start some ****. LOL!
Really I see obama as a used car salesman. His VP should have been the one running for Pres. I live in Il and Obama has not done jack **** here except taxes went up a **** load. Obama will do all types of stupid little things that will cost us more money out of pocket that really wont make any difference in the world, and will not help our economy.We will have less spending money. He will do things like, **** can get married, we can give more to people who dont deserve it take away our freedom etc.......
McCain on the other hand will do big things. Like get the cost of oil down. Win wars or at least finish them so the lives that have been lost arnt in vain.
He will stand up for us when the time comes rather then just sell our souls to the highest bidder.
Neither are my favorite people in the world but out of the 2, McCain is the only choice
Old 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Faster than what? His 305? My car is stock but I have the parts to make your car look slow.
Really I see obama as a used car salesman. His VP should have been the one running for Pres. I live in Il and Obama has not done jack **** here except taxes went up a **** load. Obama will do all types of stupid little things that will cost us more money out of pocket that really wont make any difference in the world, and will not help our economy.We will have less spending money. He will do things like, **** can get married, we can give more to people who dont deserve it take away our freedom etc.......
McCain on the other hand will do big things. Like get the cost of oil down. Win wars or at least finish them so the lives that have been lost arnt in vain.
He will stand up for us when the time comes rather then just sell our souls to the highest bidder.
Neither are my favorite people in the world but out of the 2, McCain is the only choice
Nice to see someone from Chicago who doesn't have a boner for Obama/Liberal. Kinda funny that the guy 94dailyz28 saying "Obama!" is the guy who asked why when he floored it that his rear end got sideways..Shows the intelligence supporting Obama.

Back to on topic, the 305 motor is definatly not an LT1. LT1's are 350 fuel injected.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lt1z28camaro
Nice to see someone from Chicago who doesn't have a boner for Obama/Liberal. Kinda funny that the guy 94dailyz28 saying "Obama!" is the guy who asked why when he floored it that his rear end got sideways..Shows the intelligence supporting Obama.

Back to on topic, the 305 motor is definatly not an LT1. LT1's are 350 fuel injected.
Yes because car intelligence and politics are the same. Shows what type of idiots are rooting for mcLame.

P.S The 305 question was answered already, you prove to be quite the intelligent one sir.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a car forum, I was getting it back to the original topic. And yes, common sense (my rear wheel drive z28 get's sideways, BUT WHY!?!?) just shows lack of it.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lt1z28camaro
It's a car forum, I was getting it back to the original topic. And yes, common sense (my rear wheel drive z28 get's sideways, BUT WHY!?!?) just shows lack of it.
You should return to school. Take english I-III learn common sense amongst other things.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:56 PM
8 Second Club

I was refering to your Sig buddy... You should change to something more like "My car if Fast, but there are many other faster cars than mine"... Your car doesn't even look like it could break 9s in the 1/4..

Hey, you gave that guy ****, and I'm just returning the favor...

You should return to school. Take english I-III learn common sense amongst other things.
Do you know who Ron Paul is? Do you care about american jobs, and closing NAFTA? Do you know what his economic policy was? With the Highschool level remarks that you're posting, I bet you don't know these answers for the guy you're voting for... Do you know what a voting League is? Can you even try to explain to me how Obama is going to fix our unemployment, NAFTA, Corporate Santions, and regulate the UAW through contracted agreements?

DO you want to buy tools made buy an 8 year old in Taiwan? Do you like the fact that your car was made in Canada? Do you enjoy the fact that the LB7 motor found in the Duramax Diesels is an Isuzu motor? America doesn't make anything anymore...

American Jobs lost. Unemployment goes up. Can't pay bills. Banks go sour. Homes are foreclosed on... Greed in the Unions, uncontroled Corporations, and NAFTA, and ofcourse (people in the USA are spending moeny they don't (living off of credit) is why we are in this economic state...

Trust me, Obama isn't much better than McSame either...
Old 10-04-2008, 06:00 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
To answer your question, 1988-1992 305, 350 TPI (LB9, B2L).
You prolly have the LB9 if its the 305...

Sounds like you got a steal... Post up some pics!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

I was refering to your Sig buddy... You should change to something more like "My car if Fast, but there are many other faster cars than mine"... Your car doesn't even look like it could break 9s in the 1/4..

Hey, you gave that guy ****, and I'm just returning the favor...

Lol I was just busting your ***** too. Im sure your car would smoke mine. All I got is LE2 heads, cam LE3 intake, SS LTs and all that. Building a forged 383 short block so I can spray the **** out of it next year.