Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what is the hose mod?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the hose mod?

hey what up fellas i know from the title you guys are thinking "this guy is stupid" lol but i am trying to drop my car and i was thinking of getting sportlines on a 01 z28 vert with ground effects and sitting on 18's vette wheels. tire size is 245-45-18 on back and 245-40-18 on front. so here are my Q's.

1) what is the hose mod?

2) am i going in the right direction with sportlines any issues with sportlines?

3) if getting the sportlines is it just like a plug and play operation or do i need to get something else?

here are some few pics on how its sitting right now

Old 10-04-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sportlines are pretty low. enjoy your ground effects now because they're going to get completely trashed. also... the rear might sit too low. you'll be riding the bumpstops, so you'll want to remove the spacer (but keep the bumpstop).

hose mod https://ls1tech.com/forums/showth...1&page=1&pp=20
is a bad idea if you're not keeping the stock rear springs since the eibachs will really slam that *** end.

when you lower the car, you change some of the suspension geometry. you might end up in the market for an adjustable panhard (recenter the rear) and lower control arm relocation brackets (gets your traction back for launching).

there are much better springs out there. your stock shocks are going to make the car handle pretty shitty too
Old 10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

The problem with the sportlines is the the spring rate (too soft!), and the fact the bumpstops will be determining your ride quality,(w/sportlines) not the shocks.
If you only plan on driving your car over smooth, flat , level roads with no speed bumps and you only care if it looks cool, then get the Sportlines!
Otherwise avoid them like the plague!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I keep hearing to stay away from the sportlines. Somebody on here was trying to trade his sportlines for stock springs plus 40 bucks lol

Search this Thread