Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Help With Passenger Window

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Passenger Window

My passenger window has been acting wierd for about a month and a half now. When i first bought the car, it worked fine, and then, after about a month, I had the it rolled all the way down, and it wouldnt come back up. So i took the door apart and jiggled some wires and luckily got it back up. From then on it seemed that as long as I didnt shut the door when the window was down, it would work fine. And if it did get stuck down, I would bang on the door, and slam it shut until it started working again. (I felt so terrible when I did this). So yesterday I had the window rolled up, and I went to roll it down and I got nothing. So Im wondering what my problem is, how I can fix it, and what its going to cost. I would much rather take it someplace and have it done, just because I know NOTHING about electronics. So where would I take it, and what do you think they would charge? I want this problem fixed ASAP.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Do a search, if you any mechanical skill and can follow directions, you can replace the window motor yourself and save yourself a lot of money. A shop will likley charge you for several hrs labor. $$$$$