Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous distribution on LS6 intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous distribution on LS6 intakes?

Anyone have experience on how well nitrous is distributed in the LS6 intake when spraying a BIG wet shot behind the MAF? I want to make sure I can step up to a bigger shot and not have distribution problems, nitrous or fuel puddling in the intake and either blowing the intake to pieces or hurting my pistons. Thanks in Advance.

Carl
Old 09-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Nitrous distribution on LS6 intakes?

Obviously im not spraying myself, but fwiw ive known several friends to spray 200 wet shot behind the mass air. Certainly 150 is very safe. Stock bottom end and tranny probably wont like the 200 though!!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:11 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm spraying 200 just fine and I'm ready to step it up here shortly. Just make sure that you put the nozzles down close to the injectors if you are going direct port. Mine are located a little under 1" up and on the curve of the runner. It fits like it was meant to be there and gives you a pretty good angle to put the jet pattern down into the cylinder head with the rest of the fuel from the injectors. If you are thinking about just pointing a single nozzle in behind the throttle body, I don't know what to tell you since I've never tried it.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Restricted User

Carl....whats a BIG wet shot to you? Some say 100, 150. I think anything over 200 is Big. I am spraying 175 in a wet kit now and will be spraying, or trying to spray a 200 wet kit, single nozzle, i will post the results here late saturday night.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

I've got my nozzle tapped into my MAF Housing behind the sensor and I'm spraying a 150 wet and want to step up to either a dual stage 150/150 or 150/100, with another nozzle on the other side. Oh, and yeah I do have the bottom end for it. Compression is at 8.7:1. Just want to make sure the distribution of the intake will handle it.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2003, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Number 7 sometimes runs lean for some reason. You might ask over on corvetteforum.com in nitrous/supercharger section as this has been discussed before.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

I have a friends C5 running mid 10's for almost 3 years now on stock bottom end on a NX 200 rwhp single fogger.

(200 rwhp = almost a 230-250 hp gain) Hes ran at least 100 bottles through it, 300-400 passes...no problems yet except he does occasionally burn spark plugs (always #6) but no damage yet.

I personally put in the 250 rwhp jets in my single fogger this weekend for about 10 passes. Zero problems so far.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

I beleive that #7 cylinder problem comes from the not soo great set up on a wet kit.

Cat3 and I(and probably some others) believe that the wet nitrous system works as a 5th injector on the driverside fuel rail. (yeah I know what your thinking) BUT if you look the fuel line doesn't go into the driverside fuel rail. It goes to a T and then to each fuel rail. This T, which seems to be a stock regulator, is distributing fuel EQUALLY to both rails. Sooo with the wet system taking fuel from the front of the fuel rail that leaves the rear of the fuel rail lacking fuel thus running lean and usually burning a whole in the #7 cylinder.

Why not try a dual stage with a 150 wet(with an aftermarket fuel pump and rail) and the add an additional dry system(with maybe some larger injectors).

Josh S.

Quick Reply: Nitrous distribution on LS6 intakes?