Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

WS6 for $4000???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 for $4000???

Hey
Ok, heres the story. I found a 01' TA WS6 with 73K A4 and the guy was asking $4000 for it. Not only will i buy it for dirt cheep but he ill ship it to my house free of charge. He said i would send the money to MoneyBookers and they would hold the money till i tell them to send it to him. He lives in Richmond, VA and i live in Hastings, NE. I found it in Autotrader.com. Would i be getting screwed??? The pic shows its a WS6 and he says it runs and has little paint damage and by the pic i cant see any damage. He also said that I have 5 days to accept the deal and if i dont he will pay for shipping back and i get my money back from MoneyBookers. Has anyone done this before or do you think its a scam??

Thanks!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
8 Second Club

scam tell him u will pay pal him. pay with your credit card
Old 10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell him you booked a one way flight and will be there in a few hours. See what he says.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Teching In

I asked him for the VIN number but he has not emailed me back for 2 days now LOL im leaning towards SCAM!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Launching!

BE CAREFUL!!!! Before I got my WS6, I bid and won on a 1978 Trans Am on ebay. I drove all the way to New York to pay $15,000 for the car. Looked GREAT in the pics. When I showed up the guy was full of ****. The car needed paint, shock mounts were broken, claimed original paint but it was running on the sail panel, and best of all... it didn't run!!! Don't trust pictures. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

scam....paypal or no go. Plus no VIN, thats BS
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont ever buy a car without looking at it and driving it, to many ******** out there
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

This is known as the Moneybookers Scam, do a search for it on google. I almost fell for one as well. The dude was posing to sell a 03' GSXR 600 for 2 grand.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Ok, now he did send me the VIN number and i looked a the carfax history and it all look good and what he said was TRUE, but should i still use MoneyBookers or would that be taking a risk? Never used it so i wouldn't know. Thanks!!!

Last edited by steeldragon; 10-08-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by steeldragon
Ok, now he did send me the VIN number and i looked a the carfax history and it all look good and what he said was TRUE, but should i still use MoneyBookers or would that be taking a risk? Never used it so i wouldn't know. Thanks!!!
Still sounds fishy to me. Ditch this clown. Anything that sounds too good to be true... is.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Teching In

If i go through ebay do you think that would work well? once again never done it.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok i live near richmond. they sell very, very quickly around here, even with gas prices. there's absolutely no way this is real all trans ams sell within a week when asking kbb pricing.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Post or search for the actual text he's sending to you. They all seem to use the same verbage when describing the process to send the money. The only thing that really changes is the item, the price, and some sort of "wow that sounds real factor". Mine was "just had the gears changed, and tires replaced 2k miles ago."
Old 10-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Here's an example of what they kinda look like:
-------------
Hi,

The car is alredy crated and ready for shipping. The title is clear. The car is in showroom condition and it has not been involved in any accidents. It is paid in full and all you have to pay is the price of the car.
This is the best way for me even if I'll have to pay some extra money for their services. I'll cover the broker's fee and like I've explained, the shipping will be covered as well so you don't have to worry. The car will be delivered at your door.
Once you've received the car you'll have 14 days for inspection and test drive. If for any reason the car is not as described, including the emissions standards, you may reject the car. It will be shipped back at my expense and you will be fully refunded.
It will come with the title, bill of sale signed by me, and with the power of attorney for the escrow manager that will accompany the car to sign all the papers that you need to register it under your name. The shipping process can take up to 4-5 days. The delivery will be made at your house. I'll have the exact schedule once the shipping process has begun.
I've attach you some photos and also you can check. the VIN. JTHFN48Y950068123
(car is registred and located in Delray Beach, FL)
If you want to buy it please email me your full name and address and I will contact Moneybookers to start the transaction. They will contact you with all the informations that you need to complete this deal.

Thanks,
Melvin Lerwick
-------------------------
Old 10-08-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Im with everyone else, sounds like a scam for sure. $4000 and free shipping sounds to good to be true, and usually a sign of your going to get f*cked. Like 2-3 years back there was a 99 T/A for sale in one of those trader magazines, were they sell all sorts of ****. It was black on black on ZR1s with a blown motor, and they were asking $4K for it. These cars obviously don't hold their value very well, but 4k is just to damn low for a running LS1.
-Joel
Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Teching In

It's a scam. Most likely posted on Autotrader with a stolen credit card.

Unless you lay eyes on the vehicle and actually drive it, check it out, etc. and can take physical possession of it at the time of exchanging money, don't fall for it!

Best to walk away.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steeldragon
Hey
Ok, heres the story. I found a 01' TA WS6 with 73K A4 and the guy was asking $4000 for it. Not only will i buy it for dirt cheep but he ill ship it to my house free of charge. He said i would send the money to MoneyBookers and they would hold the money till i tell them to send it to him. He lives in Richmond, VA and i live in Hastings, NE. I found it in Autotrader.com. Would i be getting screwed??? The pic shows its a WS6 and he says it runs and has little paint damage and by the pic i cant see any damage. He also said that I have 5 days to accept the deal and if i dont he will pay for shipping back and i get my money back from MoneyBookers. Has anyone done this before or do you think its a scam??

Thanks!!
I had the similar situation too. I saw 01 trans am WS6 selling for $4K on autotrader. I think it was navy blue. If you saw this one then it's a scam.
I can see whoever is trying to sell it has a tendency to change his/her location. Don't do it!! Too good to be true. Any true F-body owner will not sell an 01 WS6 that's in great condition at $4K. I could be wrong but highly unlikely.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Can't remember the specifics of the one I ran across a while back, but it was supposedly a black 98-02 Formula and the guy claimed he was trying to dump it for $6,000 as he was being "deployed with the military" soon and didn't have time to show the car because he was "busy training." This was through Cars.com and they confirmed it was a scam on a stolen credit card and took it down. These bastards try to put them right on the edge of being a possible good deal, hoping people will stupidly fall for it. Most likely your money will be funneled somewhere overseas, probably to terrorist groups according to research I have done. Be very wary folks!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Tell him you booked a one way flight and will be there in a few hours. See what he says.
Yep, only way I would do it.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stop emailing him.
check out the NSX forums for a good, kinda long, read. A couple guys on the forum really fucked with the scammer for a few days via email... had him send pictures of "himself" then another picture of "himself" displaying a specific sign, "per the request of the buyer's bank" lol. its a great and funny read, especially b/c the scammer wasted a few days of his time before he realized he was getting fucked with.

Walk away.

Quick Reply: WS6 for $4000???