Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Just installed my Auto Trix window fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just installed my Auto Trix window fix

******* amazing the window wouldnt roll up half the time i put this in and now it is faster than the drivers side!!! I got the kit with the one touch passenger side roll down and it works awesome! i am very impressed with this fix well worth the money in my opinion
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did you get power directly from the battery or did you tap? Only thing keeping me from getting it because I already have 3 accessories on my battery
Old 10-08-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

strait off the batter i wired it so you cant even tell but it still will not operate without the key on
Old 10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am actually considering this mod myself as my passenger side is starting to slow down also. I already replaced the drivers side motor and would prefer to not have to do another one of those if I can help it. That was a PITA!!!! Leave it to GM to rivet the damn things instead of bolting them in.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

yeah i was looking at doing the same but never did it because its rivited throw in this kit it will make ur old motor perform better than new again or it did mine anyways
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

is there a wiring diagram to look at? i'm trying to understand why it wont roll down without the key
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by reject
is there a wiring diagram to look at? i'm trying to understand why it wont roll down without the key
your motor is on a relay. all this kit replaces is the constant power, not the switched power (which comes from the igintion).

i might be wrong but im pretty sure this is why.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

exactly the power to the window motor is what is wired directly to the battery but you need the ignition to be on for the switch's circuit to be completed the ignition is a interrupter the window switch that activates the relay to run the motor here is the install instructions not exactly a wiring diagram but you will get the idea. http://autotrix.net/instructions/pas...ress_down.html
Old 10-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Launching!

this will fix the whole rolls up and stalls issue with these damn motors right? if so, will it work for the drivers side as well? i have never had an issue with the passenger side on my car, or the camaro before it, but the drivers side on both has gone on this kick where it will roll up a little, stop, make you wait a few minutes in the pouring rain hating your life, go up a little more...repeat for a few times before it finally goes up.. if i can get this for the drivers side as well, it would be awesome.
or am i talking about something completely different...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I may be wrong but why would someone buy this? As it is just a 5wire 2 relay. right. and as far as the one touch just buy a DEI window mod. then you also have extra inputs for armed windows up. Or just wire a heavyer power into the stock relays.

Sorry not trying to bash. I just don't understand.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
I may be wrong but why would someone buy this? As it is just a 5wire 2 relay. right. and as far as the one touch just buy a DEI window mod. then you also have extra inputs for armed windows up. Or just wire a heavyer power into the stock relays.

Sorry not trying to bash. I just don't understand.

You'll have to excuse my nieve"ness" but is there an easier/cheaper way to do this? And someone asked if the fix will work if the window goes up a bit then stops and makes you wait and then goes up a little again.....

Will this mod fix that "stalling" problem as well as the slowness?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

they do make one for the drivers side if it will solve your problem i have no idea, and as for not knowing why someone would purchase this, have you checked the price of i think its 4 gauge wire these days? you cant do it much cheaper i figure it was worth it to spend the little bit extra instead of making the kit myself because of the convenience
Old 10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been having this problem with my drivers side, with the whole going up a little halfway...stalling.. then a few minutes inch by inch until finally closed. My passenger side doesnt stall as much but it irritatingly slow. By buying this kit for both the drivers and passenger sides would it fix? Do I even need to replace the window motors?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

i cant say for sure if this will solve your problem i would say its defiantly worth a shot though
Old 10-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Launching!

yes it fixes all problems associated, i myself made a kit its jsut a relay and wiring, i tapped power at the post by the fuse boxes under hood, my driver side is a new delco unit for my job(gm tech) and the pass was ORIGINAL with 195k miles on it and it beats it going down or up!!!! its a must have but i wouldnt pay that high of a price jsut make you own as long as you use there diagram and know aobut relays terminal which i think are (86.87.30.85) you be good
Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info ramair
Old 11-02-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Installed mine last night. The window must be at least twice as fast as it was before.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ilikeppie
******* amazing the window wouldnt roll up half the time i put this in and now it is faster than the drivers side!!! I got the kit with the one touch passenger side roll down and it works awesome! i am very impressed with this fix well worth the money in my opinion
were did you order and also with the auto passenger roll down
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

order from autotrix.net it is one of our sponsors, they call it the auto trix f body passenger express roll down kit, under products it is the first one i believe
Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BirdofPreyBandit
You'll have to excuse my nieve"ness" but is there an easier/cheaper way to do this? And someone asked if the fix will work if the window goes up a bit then stops and makes you wait and then goes up a little again.....

Will this mod fix that "stalling" problem as well as the slowness?
The DEI window mod is 100% better. Is adjustable and can feel the resistance in the window to know when to stop. also has programing for pass. door window. Auto up and down also. Also a input "like alarm" so the window auto close or open when the lock button is pressed on the keyless remote.

A "5wire system" is any two two relays wired to control a two way motor. meaning a motor that has two wire and when power is positive on one and negative on other window goes up but when power on the other wire is + and other is - then window goes down. Like all cars locks and windows. However with two relays only it puts a lot of wear on the window motor as it is gear driven.

This winter I am rewiring my car So all stock wires are trashed and to keep power windows I will use a DEI 529T. It has been many year for me now. As I was doing LS1 full rewires for race cars. But the BCM is the control but there heavyer external relays.

http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/DEI-Window-Modules.htm

Quick Reply: Just installed my Auto Trix window fix