PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base hptuners tune questions for my 408 TT build..

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Base hptuners tune questions for my 408 TT build..

Am installing 408 with aps twin turbos. Have 60 pound injectors that want to install now. Currently stock fuel pump and stock regulator. Plan on staying at like 3 pounds while breaking in car will just watch boost gauge and right foot.
Also planned on keeping maf in for a few weeks also. Car would be going away for winter after that and by spring should have full fuel system with big pump and adjustable reg and be going to 3 bar speed density.

I got hptuners last year and got a bit familiar with it.I had my car running decent with the 346 with cam.

I guess could put in stock injectors for now? Again just run things at like 3 psi max and mostly be staying out of boost for the break in. At least with stock injectors would not have mess with injector constants and all that stuff.

I would think I should be taking timing way down, try to get an afr of around 11 to 1 or 10.5 for starters ? Also have to set hptuners for engine and stuff.Its a 408 but they only seem to have option to select 6.0 and not sure about the number of cylinder displacement?

This stuff is a bit confusing. Next season can take it to sister city a few hundred miles away and get it dyno tuned. We have no dyno in our city.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it at 5.7L
Change Cylinder Volume to 0.83624

This I got from a Base Tune I got from a Vendor who built a 408 for one of my customers. Car runs great .
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hm maybe it dont' matter if you set the other to 5.7 or 6.0 as long as the number is right for displacement ? After all its a 6.6 and don't think that is even an option?

Ok likely try what you said.Thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct