PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-3 Trans Clunk from Tuning? Can anyone check my tune for issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-3 Trans Clunk from Tuning? Can anyone check my tune for issues?

I believe my shift pressure may be set too high at low torque settings (Low RPM) and it makes a clunk noise when it shifts from 2-3 all of the time when under normal accelleration. This also happens on the 1-2 shift some times under normal accelleration / low torque / rpm. I do not hear or feel any clunk when I accelerate at WOT or less with the converter locked at 3600rpm. I am wondering if somebody could look at my attached tune file and give me any recomondations / analysis.

Thanks in advance, Jason
Attached Files
Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Teching In

I recently purchased HP tuners and am just starting to read up on tuning but am still green when it comes to tuning. This past spring I had an adjustable body mount torque arm and moser 12 bolt installed as well as some other items and a tune. I have had the shift clunk ever since. I have also changed my tranny mount to a poly mount and checked to make sure the torque arm was not hitting anything.

From what I have read up on here, I just kind of wonder if the tuner set the shift pressure at low torque to high. Any help or thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
Old 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

You just have to much line pressue, lower 200 ft-lb and less area by 5% and see..
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your best bet it to go to the HP tuners repository and download a stock tune like your setup and do a compare. I looked at your tune and compared it to a stock 2002 Camaro and everything is over doubled in pressure.

This was in the transmission - shift properties - shift pressure - normal - base shift pressure versus gear
Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies / information. I will check on the HP Tuners site as well. Sounds like the tuner bumped up the line pressure too much. Does anyone have a screen shot of what settings would be safe?