Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hiked Mount Washington this weekend (tons of pics)

Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hiked Mount Washington this weekend (tons of pics)

A few months ago, we decided to do a sort of weekend band trip to relax and take some time off from rehearsing, recording, shows, promotions, etc, so our singer suggested hiking Mount Washington in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. For those who don't know about this mountain, it is the highest point in the Northeastern U.S. at 6,288 feet and is known for having dangerously erratic weather along with holding the record for the highest wind gust ever recorded on the Earth's surface at 231 mph.

We drove up Saturday night (about a five hour drive from my house), stayed overnight, hiked up to and down from the peak/summit Sunday, then drove home Sunday night. It took about 4 1/2 hours to hike up and another 2 1/2 to 3 hours to hike back down. Temps at the bottom were close to 60 degrees, temps at the top were in the 20s. We also saw three moose right when we were leaving, which was a first for me. Those things were freakin huge.

It was an awesome experience and got us some phenomenal views. The photos below obviously don't do it any sort of justice and I took a ton more, but I'm not going to upload all of them. It's funny how the pictures make all the distances and heights look so much smaller than they actually are.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats pretty awesome dude looks lik it was fun
Old 10-09-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

That's bad ***.

-J
Old 10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went up there a few years ago, I drove up however. The temperature change is unreal, it was a hot day when I went, and I needed my winter coat at the summit. About 2/3 of the way up the road there are suddenly no trees at all. You pass through the treeline (highest altitude where they can grow) and it's as if someone flipped a switch. Anyone who hasn't been should definitely make it a point to go.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

yea the white moutain region is def something else, it is so fresh up there, the air is so nice and the scenery is unbelievable... def a great destination right in our backyards...

i was unaware that the strongest wind guest in the world ever recorded was on mt washington thats sick 231mph!!!! too bad my LT1 cant 1/4 mile that mph

Search this Thread