Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 WS6 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 WS6 Issues

I posted this the other day in Pontiac section, but didnt get any replys so Im posting it here.

My buddy has a 01 WS6, small cam, converter, LT's, no cats, exhaust, other bolt ons, tune.
Fuel pressure KOEO, is 62PSI. Same while running.
The car is is throwing Bank 1 and 2 o2 sensor no activity, and multiple missfire codes.
Put new o2's in, bought new Casper o2 extensions, codes went away for a day, then came back. The car runs VERY rich, just from smell and the fact that your eyes are burning.
With AutoTap hooked up, Bank 1 sensor is all over the board, from 70mV up to 700mV+ at idle, at WOT. Bank 2 is 865mV to 910mv, WOT.

I know with a cam youll see a few missfires here and there but the car just falls flat on its face sometimes. Cyl #4 has a history of 260 counts. Long term fuel trim Bank 1 is 0, bank 2 is 8. Short terms are at 0.

I have the files saved in Excel, if someone wants to look at them.

I thought there might be a ground issue, but I was wrong(I think), I thought it my be an alternator, car was an animal at first, then filled it up, drove it did the same stuff.

When it runs it runs ok, nothing to write home about, only went 12.8@108. But the SES light has always been on. And my buddy told me the other day that he had a problem with the Bank 1 O2's before we did any work to it.

Any ideas? Hes about ready to trade the car or burn it.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Has it been tuned? You need a wideband O2 to see what the air/fuel ratio is. Then you HPT to fix it.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Yes, it has been dyno tuned. 402/376 on a Mustang Dyno.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bank 1 is doing what it is supposed to do, bank 2 reading so high all of the timing and not swithcing is related to the #4 issue. Fix why #4 isn't working correctly and the problem will probably be gone. Could be a bad plug, plug wire, weak coil, stuck injector.

Process of elimination, swap spark plug, still bad, swap wire, still broke, swap coil, swap injector with #2, etc.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Teching In

He switched plugs today from ACDelcos to the TR55's. Said #4 was completly covered with soot and crap, had him gap them at .045. He also put the OEM o2 sensors back in it (Bosch is was was in it) said the car is "fixed", I have yet to see it and drive it so we will see. I told him to drive it all over town and see if it really is fixed.
Thanks for all the help.