LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Performabuilt - SOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Performabuilt - SOLVED

I want to start off by saying I was pleased with their product and usually the communication has been good..however, I had some problems (and am currently having one) and felt like this should be put out there.

I ordered a Level 2 4L60E transmission on March 27 for my 2002 Trans Am. I called in and paid in full over the phone. Their website said it usually ships in 3 days and I was told on the phone 7 days and I should have it at about the 10 day mark due to shipping.

Well, On April 5th, I called and was told it should ship by the end of the week. I waited until the end of that week and called again and was told it would ship the beginning of the next week.

Here is the email correspondence:
Christopher Medick
to performabuilt

show details Apr 13

I am writing to find out when my transmission is going to ship. I ordered it on March 27th and was told it would ship within 7 days and I would have it at about the 10 day mark due to shipping. I called on April 5th, (which was over 7 days since I ordered) and was told it would ship by the end of the week. I called at the end of the week and was told that it would ship by yesterday or today.

Everytime I have called I have been helped and have received a call back everytime, so I am happy with the customer service so far. I do, however, need my transmission. It has been a very long time since I ordered it and my car has been down for a while waiting on it.

I chose your company over FLT for a few different reasons, but I'm at the point now where I just plain need a transmission.

-Christopher Medick
757 358 2924

performabuilt transmissions

show details Apr 13

Hi we are doing everything possible to catch back up. We had a holiday and the primary builders sons best freind was run over at 14 years old and killed all in the past couple weeks and he was out several days dealing with that. It should leave anytime. My understanding is that its waiting to go on the dyno now.
I apologize for any inconveince its just been a series of unfortuante events and timing.
Thanks
Frank
I then waited until the 19th before I emailed again to check on the status, and Frank emailed back right away and said he would check on it and get back to me. I was told on April 20th in the late afternoon it had shipped and I was given a tracking number the next day. The transmission got to me on April 26th because there was a mistake when Performabuilt entered in my shipping address. I had to reschedule my install with the shop because of all the delays, but in the end, I got the product. What is unfortunate is that it took an entire month to get it, but at least it got here.

I had a few issues and Frank talked with me on the phone to help sort them out and was very helpful. I was always pleased with the communication...until now.

I emailed the pickup address for the core on May 3rd.

Christopher Medick
to performabuilt

show details Apr 29

Frank,

What do I need to do to send my core back to you? The car is at the shop now getting the new trans installed and they said they put mine in the box you mailed to me.

Thank you,
Chris Medick

performabuilt transmissions
to me

show details Apr 29

Nothing just make sure drained good and then send me pickup address.
Thanks
Frank

Christopher Medick
to performabuilt

show details May 3

The pickup address is 2328 Destiny Way, Suite A, Odessa, FL 33556. It is drained and back in the packaging you sent.

Thanks,
Chris
And on May 12th I emailed to see if it was picked up, and was told it had not been picked up yet. May 19th, I checked again...still hasn't been picked up. I got caught up with home stuff/work and didn't check on it again until Jun 15th...I called the shop and they said it was still there, so I emailed Performabuilt on Jun 15th and got no response. Jun 18th I sent another email and Frank wrote back and said they must have missed it and they would send for pickup on Monday (Jun 21st). On Jun 30th, I contacted the shop, and it was still there! I emailed Performabuilt and was told they were scheduling all pickups that evening.

It was finally picked up on July 1st. I emailed on July 13th to see when the credit would be given to me, and was never given a response. I emailed again this morning and didn't get an answer back either.

I was pleased with the transmission when I finally received it. I waited a month for a transmission that was supposed to get to me in 10 days. I then have been waiting months for a core to be picked up and a $150 credit given back to me. This thread isn't to bash Performabuilt...but to hopefully get a response to my attempts to get my money back since phone/email isn't working anymore.

Last edited by 99FormulaM6; 07-20-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: solved
Old 07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I am always available by phone and I have no missed calls from you or voice mails.
Now it is possible for me to miss and email here and there as there are many coming in along with a huge amount of junk mail but i do my best there.
You will receive a check for the core however the only address i have on file is the shop where the trans was as we do not keep billing information at all for security reasons so I would need and address to have the check mailed to and it it will go out with the regular monthly bill payment as all do that are over 30 days since the original purchase.
I am sorry for any confusion for delays I have many many things to keep track of and I afraid core pickups are a low priority as we generally have plenty.
I however apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you.
As for the delay in shipping I always say that the trans usually ships from us in 7-10 business days and usually that is the case however in the busy season many variables including some mentioned in the emails above can come up and sometimes things do not go as planned. I try to give a reasonable estimate on the time frame which is all I can do.
Thanks
Frank at PerformaBuilt
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I responded to your email, so I wont fully reply here.

Bottom line is: it took a while for me to get the transmission, and it has taken a while to get the core sorted out. HOWEVER, other than those two things...I was very pleased with the transmission and with the help you gave over the phone. I would still buy from you in the future, and I will continue to recommend you guys to friends and to people on the forum.

Quick Reply: Performabuilt - SOLVED