LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Issue with KY Speed

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with KY Speed

I was hoping to not be posting this and that I just experienced an issue that happens even to the best of us.

But at this point in time enough is enough.

I paid for an HP Tuners Setup after posting a WTB thread from FRCBobby of KYSpeed. I paid August 27th as promised after a phone conversation.

I then setup a Dyno Tuning session for that weekend, however I get a message the next week that his partner did not send it out and that I would not get it in time (This was right before Labor Day weekend).
When I replied letting him know I was not pleased and that it would cause a problem with my plans he did not even have the decency to respond to me.

I spoke with the shop and arranged to have it moved to this weekend.

I contacted KY Speed again and was told he would get it here by Friday.
I got it today (9/9) and when I opened the box all seemed well... until I went to install it. Its asking for a Registration Code.
I sent a PM and got no response, how can you sell an item like this and not give the User ID or Reg Code to the buyer when you promise no credits have been used and you know they will need such information to use it????

I am filing a case with paypal and later my bank. I waited until this evening hoping it would just be a simple exchange but frankly enough is enough.
You can not even communicate with me and frankly I am sure there is some excuse but I no longer seem to have the patience for this crap anymore... maybe I am just getting old and cranky who knows.

Either way thanks for the Cable as in the end thats all I ended up buying. Now I have to buy credits to use it tomorrow on the Dyno because of someone else dropping the ball on such a simple transaction yet again.

Last edited by Cross; 09-10-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
traveling mod

So you bought a used cable???
Old 09-11-2011, 03:00 AM
12 Second Club

I paid for an HP Tuners setup with 8 credits that was supposedly unused. I just got the cable and a cd no user name etc.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:42 AM
FormerVendor

The cable had been used as a scanner and no credits were taken off, we took it back in on trade. I emailed you the application key as well as via message one here. I will post it publicly as well. I apologize for the inconvenience but I assure you no one is trying to rip you off.

Your interface serial number is: 1110451090

Your application key is: RUEUW-CQ2IW-CAIFI-CKR3F-ISR6I-SBUIW-XLOCC

Total GM Credits: 8
Total Ford Credits: 0
Total Dodge Credits: 0
Old 09-12-2011, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

You know if would have been great if I got an answer FRIDAY. As your PM implied I just filed right away no I PM'd you Friday afternoon and waited until the evening since I had a Dyno Session in the morning.

Your attitude in those PM's has been horrible too since I had to pay for credits to use on the Dyno as you forgot to say anything or send me anything. I can post those PM's if need be.

This is twice you have cause me to go through unneeded BS because of an issue on your end. I will check my paypal email for the date that email was sent if I am wrong and you just decided not to tell me so on Friday I will accept that.
But if you did not send it to me until today then yes flat out you have cost me money and we need to resolve said issue.

I also hope no one gets to run with the information now and use it themselves considering this is a public forum.

Email Sent:
from KY Speed bobby@kyspeed.com
date Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:35 AM
subject Fwd: HP Tuners VCM Suite Information

Yeah we have an issue.

Last edited by Cross; 09-12-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

I am sorry if you take it as I have a horrible attitude as I do not, I simply can't refund you $300 becuase you bought credits, I apoligize for the inconvenience of that, but there is no way you paid $300 for the credits. If you would like to send it back I would gladly refund the money for it pending the credits are not used.

I did resend it this morning to the only address I have for you and I posted it here for you to make sure you got it. There is nothing that anyone can do with that info unless they have the interface.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

I did not ask for a 300 refund, paypal asked me if I would take a partial I just answered.

Frankly I want you to cover what I paid to use another person's HP Tuners so tuning could be done.

You knew when you first had an issue shipping what I needed this for (But thats obvious) and that I had a time frame I already had to change due to a mistake on your end.
Then you send it and do not even include the registration so I can use it until the next week when it was Saturday that I had the appointment to Dyno Tune.

You had 2 mistakes both cost me time and money now you get to eat that because you made both mistakes. You got one free mistake then you made another and had an attitude with me in PM's this morning. No I am not letting you off the hook.

And I am not entering that info for HP Tuners until we have handled this so I hope your right because if your not that will be your problem not mine.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

My request shows $300 which is crazy to pay for using someones HP Tuners especially when it is public knowledge how much the credits cost. What did they charge you to use there HP Tuners then?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

130.00 was what I was charged.

However if they do cost 49.99 per credit and I was supposed to get 8 that means it cost how much originally to replace all 8? So I would say my number to paypal was generous. But again I pointed out I did not care about the partial I just want to deal with the situation as it stands and frankly I want an answer to why the hell it was not included.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

For HP tuners credits? Retail on them is $49.99 each and 2 required.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

49.99 x 8 that were promised with this order is 399.92
I paid for 8 to be included not 2.

Does the math make sense yet? I was generous now deal with the issue at hand.

1) You cost me 130.00 for 2 credits because you failed to include the information. (To use someone elses HP Tuners)
2) Why the hell was it not included?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

And suddenly no contact I am starting to get used to this.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Cross

1) You cost me 130.00 for 2 credits because you failed to include the information. (To use someone elses HP Tuners)
You have 8 credits on the cable, so I have no idea what you are wanting by telling me 8 credits. IF you bought credits you bought 2 to tune your car.

I just want this over, call it a mistake, I have no problem compensating for it but your offer was to give you $300 and I am not going to do that.

I will pay you for 2 credits or simply send it back, I think that is more than fair.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

I have said 3 times now I want the cost back for the credits I had to buy hints why I am upset. Let me quote each time:
I did not ask for a 300 refund, paypal asked me if I would take a partial I just answered.

Frankly I want you to cover what I paid to use another person's HP Tuners so tuning could be done.

I am not entering that info for HP Tuners until we have handled this so I hope your right because if your not that will be your problem not mine.
Then Again:
130.00 was what I was charged.

However if they do cost 49.99 per credit and I was supposed to get 8 that means it cost how much originally to replace all 8? So I would say my number to paypal was generous. But again I pointed out I did not care about the partial I just want to deal with the situation as it stands and frankly I want an answer to why the hell it was not included.
And finally frustrated and unhappy here:

So can we FINALLY deal with this?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

I will give you a refund of the credits as I have stated previously, I would suggest making that offer in Paypal as I am not going to do a transaction seperately since you filed a complaint on the sale. As I have stated before there is no problem with that, had you ask for the amount of the credits instead of that amount it would have already been taken care of.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Why would I only ask for the cost of 2 credits when you promised 8 and didn't deliver originally? Is this concept so hard to grasp?

I will attempt to edit it now but since paypal is reviewing it I can only cancel it I believe so with that in mind when I see the refund of 130.00 I will cancel the claim completely. (Unless of course I can change the amount)
Old 09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

I can only cancel at this point so please post here when the refund is complete and I will cancel the claim.

Post the transaction number here for the refund I will post a screen shot of the canceled claim once you do.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Why would I only ask for the cost of 2 credits when you promised 8 and didn't deliver originally? Is this concept so hard to grasp?

I will attempt to edit it now but since paypal is reviewing it I can only cancel it I believe so with that in mind when I see the refund of 130.00 I will cancel the claim completely. (Unless of course I can change the amount)
You HAVE 8 credits on the cable that you have in your possession, so the 8 credits were delivered, you would ask for payment for 2 credits because you only had to purchase 2 credits. Its really not that hard for me to grasp. If you will send me the 8 credits back I will give you a full refund.

I will contact Paypal about it and go from there on refunding the credits. Sorry for not knowing the full details of these complaints I don't think I have ever filed one and don't have to deal with it often.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FRCBobby
You HAVE 8 credits on the cable that you have in your possession, so the 8 credits were delivered, you would ask for payment for 2 credits because you only had to purchase 2 credits. Its really not that hard for me to grasp. If you will send me the 8 credits back I will give you a full refund.

I will contact Paypal about it and go from there on refunding the credits. Sorry for not knowing the full details of these complaints I don't think I have ever filed one and don't have to deal with it often.
I only have 8 credits because I posted this thread.

On Friday when this unit arrived I had NO CREDITS, (And it was a week late at that point) so on Saturday when you had not answered me (I started contact attempts Friday Afternoon 9/9/11) I filed a claim like any rational person would who had sent cash and had 2 issues with the seller and no contact.
It was not until Monday Morning that you decided to get back to me so for 3 days I had NO CREDITS and my Dyno Session was SATURDAY.
Is it clear yet?

Lets review:
1) Item was paid for over 2 weeks ago
2) Item did not ship for a week due to an error made by your partner (So you told me)
3) Dyno Session had to be rescheduled to next Saturday (9/10)
4) Item Arrived 9/9 in the afternoon but there was no registration information just a cable and cd. No 8 credits, no software code nothing nor a purchase record to prove purchase and possible get that information from HP Tuners.
5) You were contacted immediately with no answer.
6) This thread was made
7) Saturday Morning with 8 missing credits still I filed a paypal claim.
8) I had to pay to use someone elses HP Tuners and for 2 credits which cost me 130
9) Monday you finally decide its time to handle a business transaction you have botched for the last 2 weeks. But cry about the original requested refund amount that reflect less than the cost of 8 credits (I guess I should not have been nice and said 399.92 instead of just 300)
10) you delay this long on the refund playing games with a customer who paid when promised and has been dicked around for over 2 weeks now on an easy transaction.

Thats still a long break down but hopefully I don't need to get out MS Paint.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

How is this I spoke with Paypal and you didn't answer there call so I have a few options for you.

1. They ask that you call and agree to the $130 refund. If you want to do that call there customer service

2. Ship it back and I will give you a full refund

There is no run around you waited well over a week to send the payment to begin with. So if you want the $130 tell paypal, or send it back simple as that. thanks for time I am sure I will be billed for it as well.

Last edited by FRCBobby; 09-13-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Issue with KY Speed