LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Updates on KY-Turbo Shop for those who have been asking about progress on customer's

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Updates on KY-Turbo Shop for those who have been asking about progress on customer's

Disclaimer: Without going into any specifics as to who owned the parts below due to privacy issues and ongoing investigation, here is what is going on.

On Tuesday March 13, 2012 at approximately 7:00 AM Central Standard Time, I was contacted by the gentlemen that I lease the shop from advising me that my shop had been burglarized and that the Bowling Green Police Department were on the scene investigating. When I arrived at the shop it was easy to see how entry was made. There was a brick thrown through a window into the office area and also into the side door as well. Once inside the shop I did a quick walk thru to see what items were taken. Needless to say that list grows EVERYDAY! There are several customer's cars that are inside the shop at this point and parts were taken from nearly every car.
The burglary occurred at approximately 8:19 PM Central Standard Time on Monday March 12, 2012. I had just left the shop at right around 7:00 PM. The video shows two subjects wearing hoodies that walk up and down the parking lot twice between KY-Turbo and the Storage Units. One subject walks up to the window in the front office and throws a brick through the window. Both subjects ran and hid near the business that has the surveillance video. After a short time the subject makes entry into the front office. Later a light colored four-door car with a driver can be seen across two fences sitting in the Catholic School Parking Lot. The video shows the two subjects going under the face, across the grass lot and under the next fence to load stolen items in the vehicle. All in all they spent just over an hour inside and out of the property. Eventually they started sitting items outside and the same vehicle drives up Nugent Street and loads the remaining items until there was no more room inside the vehicle. Luckily several blow off valves, wastegates, and one turbo were found in a pile outside that they did not have room to fit inside the car. The only blessing is they didn't have a bigger vehicle to haul anything bigger than what they took. There were very few LSX specific items taken. These people knew exactly what they were stealing!

Front Office:
1x Garrett G47/88 Ball Bearing Turbo
1x PT88 Turbo T6
(Personal) HP Laptop
(Personal) Nikon D90 Camera and Lens
Firearms: All Personal
Double Star AR15 with Custom Mods
Gun Bag with:
Custom Dan Wesson 1911 45ACP
Berretta 92FS 9mm Mil Spec
Various Rifle/Handgun Magazines
Various Ammo
Remington 700 .308 Rifle and Scope
Rear Bathroom Storage Area:
1x Precision Pro Mod 88mm Turbo
1x Precision Pro Mod 91mm Turbo
Pro Mod Turbo Flanges
1x Aerospace Dual Rear Brake Calipers
1x BS3 Engine Management System
Holley DIS Coils
Callies Ultra Billet 6.125" LSX rods
Bosch 160lb Injectors
AEM Injector Driver
Rear Shop area:
1x Turbonetics 101mm Turbo
3x Turbonetics TC78 Turbo's (Off Black Camaro)
2x Tial 46mm WG's (off Black Camaro)
2x Precision CEA Billet wheel 76mm Turbo's and Charge Pipes (off Red mock up Clip)
Various Craftsman Hand tools from Black Tool Box
Miller Dynasty TIG welder and controls
Motron 60lb Injectors

Obvious questions:

Bowling Green Police Department gathered fingerprints from various locations throughout the shop and video was retrieved from an adjacent business. All parts that had serial number have been entered into the National Crime Information Center, or NCIC. Fingerprints have also been sent off and we are awaiting that information as well. It is obvious that this has set KY-Turbo back, thus it has set each customer back as well.

Was there insurance?

KY-Turbo had just expanded the shop doubling the capacity and the insurance company had a lapse in writing the policy. They were to send an agent out within the next week to view the expanded space and to give an estimate on the new policy

What happens to builds and customer's cars at this point?

I have spoken personally to each and every person that had a car or part here at the shop. I have assured each customer that I will do what is necessary to make things right. That being said, obviously this will not be an overnight fix. I am out of pocket the damages to each vehicle, build, or part that was stolen or damaged unless the customer's insurance agrees to cover that. If one customer decides to not accept this fact in a sense it will "rock the boat" and possibly "sink the ship." I would like to tell past, current, and future KY-Turbo customers that I have been in business and have built a name for myself and this shop and will not let this hamper the years of work and dedication that I've given to be at the point KY-Turbo was at prior to the burglary. Many shops have went under in the LS Turbo Game prior to this for various reasons and just walked away. I want to reassure you that is not the case, but this will take time to recover from. Please be patient with emails, phone calls, and my availability at this point. This past Wednesday, my Wife and I had our second baby boy. Reed Monroe Jenkins and Mom are both doing fine.

We are looking to to build a Smaller 2400sqft Building on the property out house is one. This will drastically cut my over head expenses allowing me to recover from this quicker.

Things are still very much up in the air at this point.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow, I hate to read about this. Hang in there, you have done a lot of hard work and have a good customer base. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website