LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

new cam...beware of Thunder Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new cam...beware of Thunder Racing!

I ordered a cam from Thunder Racing

http://www.thunderracing.com/shop-by...hafts_972.html

on March 5th, 2012. Naturally they accepted my money instantly. So a couple of weeks go by and I don't get any type of email response such as "thank you for your order, blah,blah,blah..." so I email them to inquire about my order. I was told that the order has been shipped to them and they will ship it to me as soon as it arrives. OK, but I thought I ordered the cam from Thunder Racing.. It is listed on their website, and no mention of a special order or getting it from a third party or blah,blah, blah...

So two more weeks go by...no cam. I email them again asking on the order status...no response. A few days later I call. The guy says something like " so and so was the sales rep on this order. It's on his desk and I have no access to it. Let me check on it and get back to you..." Three days later I call back to see what they found out. "My supervisor will have to handle this...blah,blah,blah...". So the next day I call and ask to speak to the supervisor. She comes to the phone and tells me that my order didn't make the cut off date. She thought it had made the March 5th order, but it evidently had not if it hasn't arrived yet "blah, blah,blah...". So I ask her to verify that it has indeed been ordered and when might I expect it to arrive. "I'll have to get back to you, what's your number". Of course she doesn't call back. So I call and/or email every day trying to get someone to answer my question "has it been ordered, or do I need to re-order or cancel or what happened?" They evidently have caller ID because they don't even come to the phone or answer my emails. So I leave messages. No one ever calls back or emails back. So today, my message to them was this "I am on 3 truck forums, 2 GTO forums and 3 Corvette forums. I talk with thousands of guys every day all over the world. Word of mouth is a very big business point. When these guys ask me "how's the new cam working out?" I tell them...what cam? I never got it and Thunder Racing can't/won't tell me where it is or when I'll get it" BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! Now...I'm not asking for you to boycott "Thunder Racing" or anything like that...but if your hard earned money and your project vehicle mean anything to you...you might want to shop else where for parts. And, oh yeah...I will also inform those other forums I mentioned.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

damn thats some bull ****
Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a problem like that product never cam caled bs called bs and so on. Im in il they are in texas not like i can drive down there. So i do the next thing call a friend who lives down there he yells and gives em a ear full and what do you know two days and wala its on my door. Some vendors are very very lazy you have to confront them in person.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe there's a reason why Thunder Racing is no longer a sponsor. Check the sponsor feedback section and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

1. check feed back of sponsors on the forums first, thats what they are there for.
2. Pay with a CC, that way in situations like this you can "stop payment".
Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You would be wise to stop payment or file a paypal complaint, unfortunately a once great company seems to be circling the drain.

I recommend you call Geof at EPS and have him spec you a cam. He used to work for Thunder Racing and designed a lot of their cams before starting his own company.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man, I can't even count the amount of threads I've seen where people are not getting their stuff and Thunder is refusing to call them back. People that do get their part wait months and then get the wrong part. I don't see a future for Thunder Racing, sad to see them go they had some good products.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are several that are going that way. You can always count on texas speed and jegs, summit racing those are my three favorite plaxes to get stuff from fast and helpful.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the warning. I didn't know TR was in the *******.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Teching In

I would add WS6 store to the list of great ones to deal with

Quick Reply: new cam...beware of Thunder Racing!