LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

problems with texas speed

Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default problems with texas speed

Hey guys so i just ordered my cam from tsp AGAIN this is the second time now and i checked my email and they denied it again and are refunding my money again they keep saying my address is not confirmed and it takes about a week to get my money back well i called and they said they couldnt send it to it was confirmed well i just ordered parts from summit ws6 store and lmperformance i told them that they said they was bigger companys that could afford to get stuff lost well i kind thought they was a bigger company then ws6 store but okay anyways im not saying anything bad about tsp great guys really helped me out with all this and info on the cam so does anyone knoe how to fix this problem so i can recieve from them because they have most of the stuff i need thanks ps i will b calling them again when i order my cam again
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

and by the way i know i prob posted this in the wrong section my bad at work in a hurry sorry
Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have a very strict policy because of policies passed down to us by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. As a vendor, these companies will not help us against fraud or chargebacks unless we bill and ship to the verified address on the credit card used.

For instance: A customer calls us to order a set of lifters, pays by credit card, and we ship them to whatever address they gave us and we did not verify it was the address on the card. A couple days later, the customer says they did not receive their lifters....although UPS shows them as delivered to that address. UPS says we're out of luck, and the customer does a chargeback with the card company. The first thing the card company asks us is what address we shipped to. If not the verified address, they take our money without even hearing the rest of the story. We're out the parts, the money, the packaging supplies, the payroll involved with taking and processing and shipping the order, etc.

Unfortunately, there are many dishonest people in this world that have made the card companies operate this way. Many business take that risk and are ok with an occasional chargeback. However, Texas Speed & Performance is not one of them ,and did not get to be a "big" company by taking those needless risks. We have VERY few chargebacks come across the board, and when they do, we have all our ducks in a row and can prove we held up our end of the bargain so that we do not get ripped off.

I realize it can be an inconvenience to our customers, but I've found over the years that the customers who value their security and accounts deal with their banks effectively and change the address to their real address when they move and such immediately. if a customer has moves, be it across town or across the country, they should change their address with their credit card companies as well.

There are occasions where bank employees do not understand their system as well, and the customer has done their part to change the address and the bank fails to update the address verification system. We see this a lot just due to bank employees not being trained properly or just not caring enough about their jobs. In those situations, again, a simple phone call to the right employee at the bank can fix the problem so the address verification system is setup properly.

*edit* PayPal has the same policy when it comes to addresses *edit*

If you have any other questions about our policies, please do not hesitate to ask.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Last edited by Sales2@Texas-speed; 05-04-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

thanks man i called talk to someone very helpfull were going to do it threw debit card not paypal seems alot easier because paypal for some reason aint working so o well lol thamks again and i wasnt pointing fingers at u guys ive talk to u guys and got alot of help and very good info i will continue to order my parts from tsp just threw debit
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad we could get it figured out and get you some parts! Thank you for your business!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: problems with texas speed