LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing Big Thumbs Down

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thunder Racing Big Thumbs Down

I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Thunder Racing and will NEVER order anything from them again. I ordered their gear package which seemed like a good deal because you get the gear set, oil, rebuild kit, and a TA performance cover and girdle kit all in "one complete" package as it's stated on their website. The problem is that I ordered this about 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received everything! About 3 days after I made the order I sent an email requesting the status of the order and got no response. I then called on the 4th day and they told me that they were waiting for my gear set to arrive..??? As this was supposed to be a "complete" gear package I had no idea that the gears had to be ordered first and I was never told that, and it's not mentioned on their website. At this point I was ok with it and I finally received the tracking info.

I then went to get the package so I could install the gears, and when I opened up the box I noticed that the TA rear end cover was not in the box! I immediately looked at the receipt, and it said that the cover would be shipped separately, I'm guessing straight from TA performance....??? Once again I called Thunder Racing on a Wednesday to find out WTF was going on and they nonchalantly told me that it was indeed being shipped from TA the next morning and I would get a tracking number sent to my email. Well, the weekend came and I never received a tracking number...Monday was a holiday,...so I called back today and asked for the tracking number for the part. After a few minutes the guy comes back and tells me that It's being shipped out today!!!! I was like WTF..!! Seriously!! I'm in the military and I'm out in VA with a temp address to get things shipped to and I ordered this "GEAR PACKAGE" almost 3 weeks ago and still haven't received everything! I then had to re-route the package to San Diego because I'm leaving Friday and it won't arrive in time...and of course there was no offer to overnight it to me or anything because of all this.

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had ordering ANYTHING. Their gear package IS NOT complete. The gears and the TA cover at least have to be drop shipped to them first and then it will be shipped to you. I was never told at anytime or sent and email or anything that let me know this was going to happen. Hopefully I can save someone else that hassle of ordering from them and them not being forthcoming about their so called gear package.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Default **Update**

I just called TA performance myself and they informed me that the cover was sent out last Thursday and gave me tracking info and everything!!! I literally just got off the phone with TR and they told me that it hasn't even been shipped yet and I gave them my address so it could be re-routed.....????!!!! As you can clearly see DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Last edited by z28tito; 10-09-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Update
Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search on here. You are one of many. Sorry
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Teching In

I now wish I would have....
Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, TA is a great company to work with. Thunder Racing....not so much.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

I still dont understand how a company can operate liek this; they got your money but they lost you and many other potential customers in the process, how do they survive??
Old 10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

People still believe Thunder Racing is the go to shop on LS1Tech. YEAH RIGHT.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

they use to be back then.kinda wondering why too.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It kinda started when Geoff left.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

I still run thier trex and tr224 cam on the 2fbodys.never miss a beat yet.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
I still dont understand how a company can operate liek this; they got your money but they lost you and many other potential customers in the process, how do they survive??
Shane was on here a week or so ago and said they have like 30 vehicles in the shop being built currently. Guess they just suck at mail order stuff.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Guess they just suck at mail order stuff.

Didnt used to. When I first joined here years ago they were where I got all my stuff just about. Fast shipping and no issues. Now its like its run by the goverment
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should be more clear on their website that parts come from different vendors and will arrive at different times, I agree, however, this is how small online businesses like myself have to operate (drop shipping) to give you the low prices.

So, yes, they should be more clear but no, they aren't a bad company for operating this way, it is the nature of the online beast.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And for the record I am ONLY speaking to this particular issue... I just saw all the other TR posts and it seems pretty bad on their part...

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing Big Thumbs Down