LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

EPS Cams

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default EPS Cams

This is from a little while back, but it is pertinent IMO.

I placed an order through EPS for a Cam when I swapped to the Vic Jr on my 408. I had a Pat G Cam in it for a L76 Intake and since I changed the Intake type for the Ported L76 Heads it was wise to change the Cam. I made contact with Geoff, gave him the spec's, was told that I would notice a considerable improvement and received a Cam a week after.

I was told this after the order:
Originally Posted by Geoff@EPS
Glad to help. Let me know if you need anything in the future.
After installing the Cam and Dyno Tuning it to what I got the max power out of it, it had come to within 2hp and a little less torque compared to the Pat G Cam that had came out of my Engine. I then double checked everything and came to the conclusion that I would send a very detailed message over to Cindy since I was unable to contact Geoff via phone calls. I explained that I had timing setup right to what I believed was good by the results, and basically was asking for technical advice.

I received this back:

Originally Posted by dejatrois
I forwarded it to him. I usually check his messages and haven't in the past few days.

Cindy
After receiving no messages back I gave it some time before calling and messaging again, and even going through the car some more to verify everything.

This was the response to my last message to them.
Originally Posted by dejatrois
Give him a call. He answers the phone 10-5:30 CT. 225-751-8500
Pearls of wisdom is one of his specialties.
I made one phone call per day for a 5 day period at different times of the day, and received no answer. After this lack of customer service to back their product I pulled the EPS Cam with all of 1800 miles on it and sold it for $300, taking a $100 loss. I had a new Cam spec'd at Martin at Tick Performance that has proved to be far more suitable for the combination of my Engine. I am not a Cam Tech, but I keep my nose buried in many builds and the Cam that was sent to my by EPS is very similar to Cam's that are spec'd for Stock Cubic Inch 6.2l LS3 Engines, with the stock Intake.

I feel as that I was told false promises to get my money, and by the lack of customer service with my issues and technical questions it shows failure to back their product in this case and those actions validate my feeling as to that I was had.

Quick Reply: EPS Cams