LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

LSX power tuning no customer responsibility

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX power tuning no customer responsibility

My experience with LSX POWER TUNING was the worst After they told that he could upload a new operating software into my E38 I received it and he only tuned the exiting soft wear and only told me when I called him to tell him that it would not rev past 2400 rpm I sent it back and he started making excuses why it might not be possible to do what he said he could do in the first place which is up load a new operating soft wear, I received the ECM back the second time and now it would not even start the car, called him again and know he tells me I would need a new throttle body and gas peddle to make it work, my problem is this he should have made it clear before he took my money of what the possible outcome could be, he did not he just said yea we can do it, so today I'm 190 short and my car won't even start thanks to LSX power tuning, NO Thank you.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Jose, I have been more than professional with you the whole time unlike your self, the reason why I would not keep arguing with you through email. Telling me I suck and threatening about posting on here, taking me to small claims court, and filing a complaint against me through paypal will not change the facts. Here are the FACTS

1. You sent me a E38 ecm for an engine swap that you wanted to be setup as a manual instead of the auto like it came.
2. The OS (operating system) in the ECM wasnt a OS that has alot of manual options, only one actually so I tried to make it work by deleting all the auto DTC's. 3. I set the ECM up as auto but deleted all the DTC's for an auto and sent it back (still wouldnt rev past 2500rpm)
3. I offered to re-flash it as the manual OS (just pay return shipping) I found that there was a single compatible OS with his particular E38 but advised that it may not work correctly because of the throttle body and peddle not being correct part numbers for the manual OS. You wanted to try it vs buying another ECM.
4. You left I message from someone elses phone that your phone was disconnected or broken so I sent the ECM back to you on good faith before you paid for shipping.
5. You call complaining it wont run with the manual OS in it. (which I told you it probably wouldnt but you wanted to try it before buying another ecm)
6. I tell you give me the part numbers for your throttle body and gas peddle and I could tell you what year E38 ecm you'll need
7. I Send you an invoice for $20 for return shipping since you didnt pay for shipping like you said you were
8. You file complaint through pay pal without calling or anything
9. Paypal denies claim then you threaten to post online if I dont give you all your money back
10. Threaten taking me to small claims court for ripping you off
11. Send me emails with threats and saying I suck
12. You make a post on here that was unprofessional and it got locked

When doing a engine swap with a E38 ECM, you have to having matching ECM, throttle body, gas pedal, and harness. If they dont match with DBW the swap will never run correctly. You can call up any reputable harness company and they will tell you the same thing. Thats why its best to always order everything from the same company to insure it is all compatible. I tune hundreds of engines swaps a year in person and through mail order, your not the first person to have incorrect parts for your swap to work correctly but your the first person we have had trying to blame us your swap not working correctly. How many LS swaps have you done? It would be completely different if I sold you the harness, pedal, etc.. for your swap, but I didnt sell you any parts or even recommend anything. When you called I told you I could flash an E38 to a manual, (I do it all the time for swaps with manual trans or older non computer controlled trans) I have no way of knowing if YOU bought all the correct parts for a manual tune. I did what YOU asked. At some point you are going to have to be responsible for your own actions. You are going to need to change a physical part for your swap to work, its not a tuning issue. Bottom line is I would have been more than willing to help you UNTIL you filed a complaint with paypal without even talking to me and didn't pay the invoice for return shipping. I programmed the ECM just like you asked, I can prove what I flashed into the ECM, and what you wanted flashed into it, making threats about posting on forums or small claims court won't change the facts. I can post your tune sheet and tune to show what you wanted and what I loaded into the ECM. I would have had no problem flashing your old tune into the ecm and refunding your money. Just a couple months ago I tried to fix a tune for someone and I couldn't, I refunded them their money without them even asking. But you didnt say anything to me or even give me a chance, you just filed a complaint with paypal without a word from you. I'm an done going back and forth with you over this when you can not keep things on a professional level. I feel that no matter what I say or do you are not going to be happy or just blame me for something else not being right on your swap. I just wanted to post the facts since you seemed to conveniently leave out alot of them. I have never fired a customer before but in this case I think you are better off as someone else's customer, there isn't anything more to discuss. I wish you luck.

Last edited by LSX Power Tuning; 02-28-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Default E38

What gets my goat and as you stated your self "it did not have a lot of options so I deleted all the dtcs in regard to the auto" that's not what I wanted if it could not be done or it would not work you should of gave me the option to try it your way or get a new ecu that it would work on. Not charge me 150 and hope that what you decided to do would work, and then tune it a second time and tell me yea it looks good and I receive it and it won't even start the car and you send me an invoice for 20 more dollars I mean come on in this country you get paid for correct work not ineffective work and you can't fire me because it was you working for me I a ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician and if I did guess work like you did I would have truly been fired. You guessed it would work and it didn't and you want me to pay for it. That's wrong!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by joecity1000
What gets my goat and as you stated your self "it did not have a lot of options so I deleted all the dtcs in regard to the auto" that's not what I wanted if it could not be done or it would not work you should of gave me the option to try it your way or get a new ecu that it would work on. Not charge me 150 and hope that what you decided to do would work, and then tune it a second time and tell me yea it looks good and I receive it and it won't even start the car and you send me an invoice for 20 more dollars I mean come on in this country you get paid for correct work not ineffective work and you can't fire me because it was you working for me I a ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician and if I did guess work like you did I would have truly been fired. You guessed it would work and it didn't and you want me to pay for it. That's wrong!

Why do you keep forgetting that I did give you the option, YOU wanted to try the manual OS vs buying another ECM. I told you there was a chance it wouldnt work before you even mailed back the ecm. I even got you a price on another E38 ECM, it seems conveniently you seem to forget all of this when you make a post. Why would I get you a price for another ecm if I didnt tell you there was a chance it would not work? For the 100th time its not the tune that is wrong, there is only one manual OS that can be flashed into that particular ecm. You do not have the correct parts for a manual tune hence why I tried deleting the auto. Basically your trying to run escalade electronics, pedal and throttle body in a manual corvette, it wont work. Being a ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician doesnt have anything to do with your abilities doing an LS swap in a rx7. You would also know dealerships change parts all the time that are not the problem. Are you ASE certified in GM, Mazda, LS swaps, GM electrical? You should know then that you cant just mix up parts off of different vehicles and expect them to work. How many drive by wire ls swaps how you done again? You can be the best mechanic out there on oem applications but your not working on a stock oem application.

I spoke to you on the phone a minimum of 16 different times (going off phone log), not once did you never mentioned a re-fund, wanting a refund or anything along those lines. The last time I spoke to you 2/25/14 at 10:30 am I told you to get me the part numbers off the pedal and throttle body and never heard from you again. Then on 2/26/14 I get a notice that you filed a claim with paypal for a refund. As soon as paypal denied your claim you started being unprofessional and threatening to post online if I didnt give you a refund. If you were not happy why wouldn't you have called a 17th time to discuss options or ask for a refund then. You have my number and email, you made zero attempts to contact me about this before making claim with paypal. I did everything you asked and then you did not keep your word and pay for shipping. If you would have asked for a refund before paypal denied your claim I would have gladly flashed your ecm back to your old tune and refunded your $150.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Default E38

It is you who would like to keep referring to the second time you flashed the ecu, but I am referring to our initial conversation where I asked you if you could delete and up load a new op softwear, you never said it depends on the ecu and what year a op that's already in there you simply said " yes I can"and after I paid you could not. Then you left the same op and decided to delete the dtc but I did not ask for that did I? Why can't you see that. If you could not do what the customer asked for should you not tell him? And let it be his chose how to proceed. No you desired you would delete the dtc's and it should be find, but you were wrong, it must be terrible to admit but when you did that you dropped the ball, that is all I'm saying, if you could not do what we agreed on you should not have taken it upon yourself to make a call unless you absolutely new it would work. And the reason I file the complaint is because when you started talking about the throttlebody and gas peddle having to match for the first time after many phone conversations I felt like you could not get it done and was reaching. If you want to resolve this what I would ask that you restore my ECM take whatever you feel I owe you and refund the rest.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:55 PM
FormerVendor

It is you who would like to keep referring to the second time you flashed the ecu, but I am referring to our initial conversation where I asked you if you could delete and up load a new op softwear, you never said it depends on the ecu and what year a op that's already in there you simply said " yes I can"and after I paid you could not. Then you left the same op and decided to delete the dtc but I did not ask for that did I? Why can't you see that. If you could not do what the customer asked for should you not tell him? And let it be his chose how to proceed. No you desired you would delete the dtc's and it should be find, but you were wrong, it must be terrible to admit but when you did that you dropped the ball, that is all I'm saying, if you could not do what we agreed on you should not have taken it upon yourself to make a call unless you absolutely new it would work. And the reason I file the complaint is because when you started talking about the throttlebody and gas peddle having to match for the first time after many phone conversations I felt like you could not get it done and was reaching. If you want to resolve this what I would ask that you restore my ECM take whatever you feel I owe you and refund the rest.
Please read my previous responses again. When you called and asked if I could flash a E38 to a manual I said YES, because you can flash them to a manual. Your E38 is flashed as a manual right now. When someone calls and ask for a manual tune why would I question them, you are an ASE Master Technician after all. I get ecm's in everyday with a tune sheet filled out just like the one you filled out. I do what people ask for on the sheet, you actually left most of your blank. I already stated that I first deleted the DTC's for the auto because there was only manual OS for your ecm and I thought it wouldnt work. I set it up like that because I thought it would have better odds of working that way and I mailed that out and it did not work, it did the same thing as your old tune which you never mentioned before. I was wrong for trying that, I should have just loaded the tune thats in there right now. It still wouldnt run but then I would have done exactly what you wanted the first time. The rest is listed in my first and second post.
Im not saying I dont make mistakes, I do, and have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I have missed something in a tune before and I made it right with the customer every time, its part of doing business. I set up ecm's for swaps almost everyday and have years of doing actual ls swaps and tuning them in person. I am confident I know what needs to be done for a ls swap to work right. You want to assume I am wrong and am reaching because you dont want to believe you dont have the right parts for your swap. You keep dodging the question how many drive by wire ls swaps have you done? Call up any place that does harnesses or ls swaps and ask them if the if everything needs to match. Here is a thread about the exact same thing https://ls1tech.com/forums/18003702-post9.html with another person that tunes saying the same thing I am.

There is nothing to resolve IMO, I did exactly what YOU wanted!! You tried to screw me and it backfired on you. Its called karma. Its not about the money its about the principle on how you tried to get over on me and it didnt work. Thats the nicest way I know how to say it.

I 110% dont agree with your actions or lack of honesty but I stand behind my work. Even though the tune isnt the issue I'll tell what I'll do anyways. Send me the ecm through UPS (so there is accurate tracking both ways) with a prepaid return label in the box and I will refund your $150 plus $20 shipping and cancel the $20 invoice you haven't paid and flash the ecm back to how I originally received it. Thats my offer.

Last edited by LSX Power Tuning; 02-28-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Default E38

Forget the tune and send me back the money and were done.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Thats fine, cover shipping and send me the ecm. I am going to refund your $150, plus your original $20 in shipping and cancel the invoice for $20 that you never paid. That puts me out $40 in shipping plus a $125 license for efi live for doing what YOU wanted in your ecm.

Forget the tune and send me back the money and were done.
I already said I would refund your money even though its not right BUT your going to have to send me the ecm so I can take my tune out. Thats what you wanted so I agreed to it and now your changing your mind again, I definitely see a pattern with you. You have to send the ecm through UPS so I have proof you get the ecm back. I dont want you accusing me of not sending back or saying you didn't get it. No telling what you'll claim next. If you send the ecm post the tracking number so there is a record of it online. There is nothing else to discuss.
Thanks
LSX Power Tuning

Last edited by LSX Power Tuning; 03-01-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Default E38

Thanks, but I won't be investing any more money shipping this ecu around, and I would not feel safe attempting to use an ecu that you flashed back to whatever, so you win I'll just take the loss And be done with this exchange.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wether you like it or not LSX is making you a fair offer (sounds upright to me), I would take his offer if I was you.

Quick Reply: LSX power tuning no customer responsibility