LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Vector motorsports sh*the customer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vector motorsports sh*the customer service

I had tune and headers done with vector motorsports and was happy with work that was until a year later, I installed a cam, had my own tuning software and found out that I was locked out of my own ecm. Now just to state the only reason I didn't have vector retune it was I didn't have the $350. So I called vector, explained situation and they told me no problem they will unlock if I had my original receipt. I call back to setup an appointment and the attitude changed. I was told I better bring my software with me because the car would be in parking lot undriveable, and they wouldn't put a quick tune on it so I could at least get the car home because they can't control software to not lock a tune?! I understand why they lock it, but it would be nice if they explained that when I originally bought the tune, which I come to realize you don't buy a tune from vector you rent it, your ecm forever in their control.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stuff like this is so dumb. There is nothing special about a tune. Its made to your car and will not work or run the same on someone else's car or setup. It amazes me that shops still do this crap. You paid to have your car tuned and you shouldn't have to worry if you break down somewhere if you can get into your own PCM. Good luck getting it worked out buddy. I would stay far away from them. Also you can turn the lock feature on and off when you write calibration on the pcm so there full of ****.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Man this is aggravating and I am glad it has never happened to me. You will sometimes get the excuse that some people will mess with the tune and then bring it back jacked up. If they do what they are supposed to and save your file under your name they will know if the tune in the car is different than the one they left in it. There are more than several ways to get a car to run descent and some of them are plain wrong. It makes me wonder how shops that lock there tunes get to "decent".

Quick Reply: Vector motorsports sh*the customer service