LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

help with aes

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with aes

I originally posted this in the wrong section,i apologize.my first dealings with them started last winter,i was nave enough to pay them in full for a complete motor build, then after 5 months of calls, emails and constant badgering on my part they finally delivered the motor.that motor when received was a complete long block and when fired up sounded horrendous...come to find out all 8 brand new pistons clearanced themselves on the crank...they failed to check for clearances...i sent it back to them, the whole time they were assuring me the piston replacement would be covered.sent the motor to them and their tune changed...i was going to be responsible for a$1500-$2000 repair bill...i was tired of fighting with them,i told them get it done,i needed to get to races.after waiting, calling them, no answers no replies to emails,i got a email with my total invoice for repairing my shortblock being $4500.i was beyond pissed..$2000 more than what i was quoted over the phone...but they had my motor, and i live over 6 hours away...i gave in again.a local speed shop received the short block assembled by aes and assembled my long block.we used brad Penn break in oil and had the boost controller turned down to nearly nothing...i broke in the car properly, no boo, no pulls, did everything i could to assure this motor would last me.i got to 150 miles and changed the oil, looked good, changed the plugs, also looked good.within 30 miles, while driving normally down the interstate the car starts to loose oil pressure, making a racket...buy the time i get all the way over the car is stumbling and smoke is filling the compartment.there is a hole in the side of my $2000 block now.bearing spun on 7&3 cracking my $2000 billet crank...less than 200 miles on the fresh engine build.all brian from aes told me was he had never seen this before, and he would email Oliver rods, and Kellogg cranks to see what they said...this was almost a month ago...i have called several times a week every week looking for an answer...just the last saying no one was available and she would relay the message that i called.I'm at my wit's end...i wanted my refund from my shortblock refresh for $4500...a small price compared to my $12000 short block that is now useless.i was looking for insight into someone that had legal dealing with them previously, or knows a lawyer that has.any help would be appreciated.thank you
Old 05-07-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i just spoke to brian, after he hung up on me and i called back...he blamed it on my tune...which is funny because the car was turned down, with no power in it...no track time, no dyno time...then he preceded to tell me to check my invoice...which i don't have, was never given or signed, because it is a race motor and they won't warrantee it.nice to know they stand by their quality workmanship on a motor they built with 183 miles.thanks aes!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap thats nuts. So you are out like 12k? I dont even know what to say.

Quick Reply: help with aes