LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thompson MotorSports Failure to Communicate

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thompson MotorSports Failure to Communicate

I have been having some issues with TMS every since I placed my order and was wondering if anyone else has had issues with them in the past or present.
I do believe they are a Sponsor here on LS1 Tech and I was given high reviews before I placed my order but I am almost to the point of regret.
I placed my order with TMS on 1/21/16 and was told I would have my engine a Stage 3 LS6 383 short block only, in 2 to 3 weeks. Almost 4 weeks later and I still don't think it has even been shipped or atleats I have not gotten anything from them saying it has been shipped.
On 1/21 before I hung up the phone the guy taking the order said he wanted to talk with someone else about the cam and possibly make a few changes to it. And he would send me a new email with the final invoice and new cam specs the next day. I figured I would here something back from them in a day or so but I waited and waited.......Nothing.
Then on 2/8 I called TMS for a checkup because I had not heard anything from them since 1/21 and asked about the new cam specs. I was sent a new invoice with new cam specs that evening and asked about when the engine might go out.
I was told they was finishing it up and should go out on wednesday and I should recieve an email with tracking sometime around there. Wednesday came and nothing. So i waited until Monday to call them back and I was told the engine is ready to go and as soon as it was crated up it will ship out. and i would get an email with tracking. Here it is almost wednesday and I have recieved nothing yet.

So to this point All I have gotten from them is 1 email on 1/21
another on 2/8 that I had to remind them to send. and that is it.
I have not gotten any emails from them since 2/8 and I have not gotten any phone calls from them at all.
Should I be concerned about this? just seems like poor communication and bad customer service to me.
Joe
Old 02-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Joe,
Let me be the first to say I am very sorry for any shortcomings in communication or customer support on our end. There is absolutely no excuse for it. If you could PM me your last name so I can personally find out what has happened and why there has been anything but excellent communication. I will do anything I can to turn around your opinion of our customer service if you allow. I will be in contact with you ASAP once I receive your PM and again I apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused.
Thank you,
Kyle
Owner
Thompson Motorsports
972-853-2450
Old 02-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been meaning to update this post, I have just been very busy getting my TMS 383 in the Vette.
Kyle called with an update on the engine and it actually shipped out the day before I posted the inquiry here. The engine showed up on Friday and I am tickled to get it in the car and going down the road.
I'm very happy with the quality of the build and the quality of the shipping. The engine looks amazing.

I want to say, I didn't intend this thread to be a bashing in any way, shape or form. when I was searching for a great company to build me a quality engine, All I got was very high reviews about TMS and everyone was pointing me in that direction. I understand that sometimes the ball can get dropped. And I am very glad that Kyle called me and straightend everything up very quickly.
I wouldn't hesitate a second to get TMS to build my next engine.
A big thanks to TMS for a quality build.
Thanks you Aaron and Kyle for taking the time to contact me and getting this build back on the road.
Joe
Old 02-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

No problem Joe, we are glad we could get you taken care of and do apologize about the miscommunication. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

Thank you,
Aaron @ Thompson Motorsports

Quick Reply: Thompson MotorSports Failure to Communicate