LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

LSX Power Tuning / Lorenz Mail Order Experience: A+

Old 08-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default LSX Power Tuning / Lorenz Mail Order Experience: A+

Well this story begins earlier this summer after a trip to the track. My catback/lid/ported TB fully loaded A4 car was running 8.6's all day long in nasty hot weather. After the day was over I got a code for the cats not performing up to their standard. I did what any sane person would do and ordered LT's and an ORY to mate up to my SLP LM1. My friends had been hounding me and it was as good of a time as ever.

Skipping forward a bit after getting that installed. After reading through this forum and seeing what Lorenz was playing with, decided to go with LSXPT for a basic bolt-on mail order tune. After some emailing back and forth a PCM was promptly tuned and arrived about 4 business days after ordering. I had to go with a used PCM because my Camaro is still my only car for now.

I had to chase down a misfire due to my best friend just throwing spark plugs in without checking the gap (there was none...). The car would still misfire when I would get up to a speed between 80-85mph and throw a code for passenger side bank 2 sensor, which isn't even there anymore. Worried I emailed Lorenz and he discovered a value wasn't adjusted correctly in the tune. He generously offered to ship a new PCM immediately with the tune 100% correct and a prepaid return label for the one I currently had.

I received that yesterday after getting home being in front of a welder for 10 hours. I was pleased to say that the car is now 100% and is like a whole different animal. It drives great, feels way more powerful, and gets better mileage when i'm not listening to my new exhaust setup scream.

Basically if the tune was any less than stellar, i'd still give Lorenz a 10/10 for sheer customer service alone. No one is perfect and he still treated me just as important as someone with a more complex setup. Once I get some more goodies such as a built trans/stall and a rear-end setup installed i'll go to Lorenz once again first.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LSX Power Tuning / Lorenz Mail Order Experience: A+