Do Vendors (BTR) Have Too Much Business? - LS1TECH

LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Do Vendors (BTR) Have Too Much Business?

Old 02-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Default Do Vendors (BTR) Have Too Much Business?

Twice I called BTR asking for help ordering a set of 11/32" pushrods - two weeks between calls. Both times it was "we'll call Trend and get back to you". No follow-up. I had to go straight to Trend to order the parts, which cost me more both for the parts and shipping. It took 20mins for me to complete my order with Trend - including them fielding all of my tech questions while I was juggling my 2 year old's demands.

I get that this is a "busy time of year" - but these are made to order parts. So, beyond potential lead time there should be no good not reason to respond to the customer in a timely fashion with a price.

I am beyond disappointed. Going direct to the manufacturer to get decent service seems to be more and more common in my experience.
mOtOrHeAd MiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Apologies to the mods, wrong forum.

Cheers!
mOtOrHeAd MiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #3
The Scammer Hammer

No apologies needed. I know Brian and Company were moving to a new "brick and mortar" so maybe that's where the issues came from, or at least I hope. Brian HIMSELF has always called me back any time I've ever needed. I hate to be like this, but I'm thinking this was a one-off.
dr_whigham is offline   Reply With Quote