LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Comp Cams customer service

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Comp Cams customer service

It can pay to stick with a well known large company sometimes. Case in point. I bought a set of Comp Cams shaft mount rockers quite some time ago as a started this engine build up. They are the red ones...manufactured for Comp by DRE. Nice looking pieces for sure. I bought the 1.7 ratio shaft mounts for about $900. Well...since my build is about done we did some checking on the actual cam lifts and actual valve lifts and everything was off. I was getting .770 lift AFTER lash on a .730 cam. Cam lifts speced out exactly right. Valve lift was way off by approx .058 too much taking into acct lash. Divide actual cam lift by actual valve lift and what do you know...I come up with 1.8 ratio . I had just spent allll day clearancing the pushrod holes due to the severe angle...it was hitting the head. Had they been 1.7s I likely would not have had this problem. I walk over to the box they came in...and sure enough...it sais 1.7 on the box.

Anyways...call up Comp and talk to a customer supervisor. He sais they do not carry that line of rocker any longer. They dropped it due to the fitment under the valve covers. Now they have T&D make rockers for the LS1 especially for Comp. And after looking at them I do believe they are much nicer. Anyways...even though I bought them months ago...he said he would be willing to take a look at mine and see if they are 1.8s. And if so...exchange them for the newer style. I said fine...lets do it. I asked him about turn around time and he said within 1 or two days of recieving them. So I tell them to try to expidite that because I am in the final stages of my buildup and need to get it done.

10 minutes later he calls back and sais he talked to warranty dept and he got authorization to go ahead and send out the new ones now....as long as I send him a tracking # on the old ones I am to return Now that awesome customer service. Here I am thinking I may have to shell out another $1000+ dollars and then try to sell my Comp rockers that arent made any longer. Obviously I am happy.