LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing = RUDE.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Thunder Racing = RUDE..NOT REALLY..SHOULD READ FINALE.

I called Thunder Racing today to ask a few technical questions before making a purchase. The salesperson or technical person I spoke with acted like he was in a big big hurry to do something other than take the time with my questions. I wish I could remember his name or I would post it here so everyone could see who I was talking about. However, he would answer my questions starting with "Pal". First of all, this is not the way I want to be addressed!! Secondly, for the salesperson I spoke with . I work way to hard for the money I earn to be treated that way. This is why Thunder Racing will never get one dollar of mine. I had rather spend a few bucks more and get real customer service than the someone on the other end of the phone who is a butt. If someone from Thunder Racing that is reading this and doesn't believe me that I am in the market for parts, you can do a search to see for yourself!!!

Last edited by nitenshinarmor; 02-24-2005 at 04:42 PM. Reason: 2nd chance
Old 02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
7 Second Club

That's odd.I've bought a few things from them and always got treated great.They also sponsor The Southern Shootout event which makes them a preferred sponsor in my book .I'll buy from Paul and Thunder again.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Maybe the sale's person I spoke with was having a bad day or maybe he thought my questions may have been a little dumb. Maybe, since it was 4:45 when I called and he was ready to go home in 15 mins and I was holding him up somehow. However, no matter what the circumstance, the sale's person should have addressed me with some respect and manners!! His loss, someone's else's gains.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:12 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hm thats odd, i've always heard of them as basically top notch when it comes to customer service. anyway, good luck with your purchases!

-stephanie
Old 02-21-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thunder is a great shop and always took care of me. Sometimes when on the phones you may have 2 lines going at once. I am sure he didn't mean any disrespect. You should give them another chance they are worth it.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

In my book top notch...
Old 02-21-2005, 08:39 PM

we have NEVER had a problem with thunder racing they are top notch in my book
Old 02-21-2005, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nitenshinarmor
I called Thunder Racing today to ask a few technical questions before making a purchase. The salesperson or technical person I spoke with acted like he was in a big big hurry to do something other than take the time with my questions. I wish I could remember his name or I would post it here so everyone could see who I was talking about. However, he would answer my questions starting with "Pal". First of all, this is not the way I want to be addressed!! Secondly, for the salesperson I spoke with . I work way to hard for the money I earn to be treated that way. This is why Thunder Racing will never get one dollar of mine. I had rather spend a few bucks more and get real customer service than the someone on the other end of the phone who is a butt. If someone from Thunder Racing that is reading this and doesn't believe me that I am in the market for parts, you can do a search to see for yourself!!!
I havent ever delt with Thunder myself, but I know what you mean about them calling you PAL. That irritates the hell out of me.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I feel you should give them another chance. If the sales person was rude or disrespectful to you, find out his name and let his boss know the situation. Thunder is reputable, for sure. Sometimes people are having a tough day...I'm sure it's happened to you--I know some days I'm not the shiniest apple in the basket. I had a line-lock switch problem w/their piece....A phone call was made and the problem was solved. They even reccomended that I have a spare line-lock switch and relay on hand in case it ever happened again at the track.. Good advice from good people... WJ
Old 02-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
I feel you should give them another chance. If the sales person was rude or disrespectful to you, find out his name and let his boss know the situation. Thunder is reputable, for sure. Sometimes people are having a tough day... WJ
Well Put,
Its a phone call, imagine how many phone calls they get a day of Can Kickers, Maybe it was something you said????? I'm sure they will make things right as any business would of that caliber......Compliments to all LS1 speed shops.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Launching!

I orginally try calling Tbryne's and the lady told me he would be on the phone rest of the evening before going home. I took that as "We're too busy for you." Therefore, I called Thunder Racing immediately afterwards. This was somewhere around 4:45pm. The guy at Thunder Racing acted like a jerk. When you're looking at spending over a 1000 bucks for parts, you want nothing more than thier full respect and attention. Nothing less. If he's handling more than one call at a time then apparently Thunder Racing has some manning issues and should be rectified. I never indicated I was about to buy today. I just wanted some questions answered first before I proceeded to tell the guy I wanted to buy. I'll try both of those guys tomorrow, but if this guy at Thunder Racing acts like he did today, he'll be sorry he step on my toes....and I'll be shopping somewhere else and a new post place here on ls1tech.com.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

talk to paul. he is a very nice guy and very willing to help. i have spent around $3000 in parts their and do not regret it. they have always answered all of my ?'s. also jason the tech was very helpful. those guys know their stuff pretty well. good luck.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thunder Racing closes at 6:30 pm CST. They've always been good to deal with for me.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:31 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

I have always been taking care of at Thunder, very nice people. Angie and Paul are great to deal with.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time with them, but as the saying goes you can't please everybody.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

I've always had a very good buying experience from Thunder , they've always been very courteous to me.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

pal = personal a** licker
Old 02-22-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with all statement here. I've dealt with Thunder and they were very easy to talk to and answered all of my questions. Try 'em again.

But as far as calls from "Can Kickers"..... Too Fricken bad! I run a business as well and I NEVER treat anyone different. Buyers and kickers. It's called "Doing Business" Because someday that kicker will be a buyer. And yes you can spot 'em. Then again maybe that's why I handle all of the customer calls and not my employees. I'm small enough I can still do this. They don't have the investment that an owner does. jmo
Old 02-22-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wish you remembered who you talked to so this problem can be handled. We treat every customer the same whether they are buying or just shopping. Everyone has bad days but that's no reason to take it out on a customer.

nitenshinarmor: Give me a call personally and I will be glad to help you out with any questions, and I'm very sorry that this happened.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

BTW: Paul, my comments on shoppers (aka kickers) was not directed toward you or Thunder Racing. I am confident that you understand how to effectively treat all people. I was just merly making a statement.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nitenshinarmor

I too felt that the salesman was in a hurry. And he was very short as well telling me that I didn't need a part that I was calling in to order. I'm sorry but I am going to believe my tuner over a salesman, when it comes to replacing a part due to the upgrades.

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing = RUDE.