LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Chuck of FLP's new side business, i would NOT deal with him

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Chuck of FLP's new side business, i would NOT deal with him

Well here goes, I hate to do this, but Chuck left me no choice with his very unprofessional actions over the last 7 weeks.

What I am about to detail has NOTHING to do with FLP or Phil(Maddboost), this is in my opinion all on Chuck.

about 7 weeks ago I met up near my house with Phil and gave him my destroyed T56. Phil qouted me a price to fix the extensive damage that I could not refuse and like I said, even met up with me near my house to grab the pieces(I had already completly dissasembled this trans myself, keep this in mind).

Phil gave it to Chuck, and I was told a couple weeks, as he was moving into his new shop to start this new business of building trans that he's doing along with FLP's work.

Long story short, 7 weeks has gone by and Chuck did not even blow the ******* dust off my box of parts. He looked at it, noted the busted gears and stuff(which I already knew about obviously) to Phil and then proceeded to give Phil a new line of bullshit about why he wasn't working on it every week.

What I want to know is who in the holy hell can be in a line of work, do fuckign nothing for over two months, give one excuse after another, and expect to be successful??

My car is ready, HAS been ready, its the middle of april, tracks are open, its 70 degrees here most days now and my car is sitting on stands still because Chuck couldn't do one of two things:

1--do the fuckign job I was paying him for and do my trans

2--just be honest and say he wasn't gonna get it done this millenium so I could look elswhere.

I finally had enough after this week's round of bullshit and tonite Phil went and got my stuff from Chuck and met up with me again and gave me the pieces back, and so now I get to explore other options(of which there are very few for what money I've managed to put aside for this rebuild)

Obviously this guy doesn't give two ***** about doing proper business. I have asked around and heard a huge pile of stories of his turnaround times being horrible, I just wish I had done so before handing my stuff over thinking I would get it back in a reasonable amount of time.

this is only second EVER complaint about a shop, it really takes alot for me to do this, but this has just been ridiculous.

bottom line is folks if and when Chuck ever gets his new business off the ground if I were you I'd put my ***** in a blender before giving him any work, he apparently just doesn't want it.

That is all, wish me luck on actually getting my damn season started sometime soon.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

im in this kinda position with someone right now, but im not going to mention who it is in hopes they are going to do their end, as you put it, sometime this millenium. Good luck spaceghost and wish me the same.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Motorboater

yup. good luck right back at ya zackary.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprised to hear that....Chuck has always taken good care of me and does great work. Sometimes people get overloaded though. And Sometimes people treat you the way you treat them
Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

I already told you with my experiences Sean. Chuck doesnt back his ******* trannies when he does build them all himself anyways....Be HAPPY he didnt touch it because when it did break(and it would)........he wouldnt cover a god damn thing......
Cuz you were racing it and thats not covered under warranty....
OH ****.....go figure a racing trans not covered under warranty while racing....
And no mods, this isn't a bandwagon post, I blew up 2 of FLP trannies and they tried to **** me on making me pay for them to fix their "bulletproof" trannies...
KEY WORD OF THE DAY....."TRIED"
Old 04-13-2005, 01:04 AM
Motorboater

rich what does that mean? read again. i NEVER once contacted chuck and i only contacted phil a total of 4 times in 2 months, including the last time to ask for my stuff back when chuck said yet again that he had no idea when he would get to my trans. my last contact was when i even said just tell him if he can PLEASE give me a promised date of completion in the next week then cool, if he can't then i want my stuff back.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:59 AM
NKAWTG...N

dude thats bs. Sean man I would have killed the person by now.

-Its racing season
-Weather is a perfect temp...its only gonna get warmer and hurt ur ET

Damn man sorry to hear about that. Whats your next option?
Old 04-13-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sean,
Can you deal with Chuck direct or do you have to go through FLP?
Maybe that is the problem. That's my bet.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Motorboater

i don't it was the problem rich, phil was able to contact him easily, it was just nothing but excuses and no answers when he did. he had my stuff from phil early on, it was just that he wasn't working on it at all and didn't know when he would.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from. Let me get this straight ; You got an unbelievable quote , that you couldn't refuse , to fix your "destroyed" transmission from Phil. Was Phil supposed to work on your trans or was Chuck? Why didn't you get a quote from Chuck? More importantly , why haven't you ever talked to Chuck about it? I don't understand how you can get on a public forum and put down someone you've never actually dealt with. You never got a quote from Chuck , you never gave your trans to Chuck and you've never even talked to Chuck. You don't really seem like the most qualified person to rant about how he conducts his business. On top of that , you're talking about someone who is working a full-time job (with more than enough work to keep him occupied) AND trying to get his own business started. That doesn't sound like the kind of person who has hours of time each week to do side work for little or no profit. I understand that you're angry about not having trans back , but if it was me I would have found out first hand what the story was.

As for a warranty ; Are you ******' serious? If I go to Liberty , G-Force or Lenco and spend $9,500 on a "bulletproof" trans and it breaks on the first pass , I have to pay to get it fixed. I don't know anyone that would warranty a trans used for racing.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by butcher1
As for a warranty ; Are you ******' serious? If I go to Liberty , G-Force or Lenco and spend $9,500 on a "bulletproof" trans and it breaks on the first pass , I have to pay to get it fixed. I don't know anyone that would warranty a trans used for racing.
Very ****** Serious...Why dont YOU be the one and do some research and you will see there ARE warranties on trannies......Some companies will warranty your trans if you go through it once a year(like Rossler) and some just give out a warranty from purchase(Speed Inc has 6 months). A lo of your questions make sense to you and ONLY you.. Chuck has been around, he isn't a newbie and this isnt a first.....Silverghost used to be a moderator on this board(might still be, not sure) and wouldnt just flame for the hell of it...Hes very aware of how things work and if you reread his complaints and then do research on your own questions you will see that you should delete your post completely
Old 04-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Motorboater

lol, yes greg i'm still a moderator here.

hi butcher, i know you are an flp built car but get a clue. chuck does offer a 6 month warranty..by youre the big customer so why do i have to tell you that?

i didn't deal with chuck directly because why should i have? he builds FLP's trans, Phil is the FLP front guy and a friend of mine, explain to me how i didn't go through proper channels?

the price was discounted but nothing where they "wouldn't make a dollar". and why does that make it ok to not touch my trans for 2 months and refuse to give me ANY kind of completion date..not even a damn guesstimation? so i should have just hoped to get it back in 2005 at some point and that's ok there butcher?

you sound stupid. seriously.

dont' tell me what the **** i'm qualified to say and what not to say when you are making ZERO sense yourself.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by butcher1
I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from. Let me get this straight ; You got an unbelievable quote , that you couldn't refuse , to fix your "destroyed" transmission from Phil. Was Phil supposed to work on your trans or was Chuck? Why didn't you get a quote from Chuck? More importantly , why haven't you ever talked to Chuck about it? I don't understand how you can get on a public forum and put down someone you've never actually dealt with. You never got a quote from Chuck , you never gave your trans to Chuck and you've never even talked to Chuck. You don't really seem like the most qualified person to rant about how he conducts his business. On top of that , you're talking about someone who is working a full-time job (with more than enough work to keep him occupied) AND trying to get his own business started. That doesn't sound like the kind of person who has hours of time each week to do side work for little or no profit. I understand that you're angry about not having trans back , but if it was me I would have found out first hand what the story was.

The bottom line is that after 7 weeks nothing was done, it doesn't matter who was working on it. There was a severe lack of follow-up done on the behalf of FLP. As for the "price" it does not matter, he was told 2 weeks.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How's this one.
If your quote was from FLP then FLP should stand behind getting it done. Chuck or no Chuck.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

First let me say that I have nothing against Phil. I've talked to him several times on the phone and in person. He's a good guy and a very professional business person. With that being said , the only person you can be mad at is Phil because he is the only one you've actually dealt with. Your thread is titled "Chuck of FLP's new side business , I would NOT deal with him". Guess what , you never have. You got a quote from Phil , you got a time line from Phil and you got "bullshit" excuses (your words) from Phil , not Chuck. If this was my trans I would have handled it very differently. After 2 weeks of nothing being done , I would have talked to Chuck. I would have asked him about the price , what was taking so long and when it would be done. If he gave me a bullshit excuse , I would have confronted him on it. If he gave me some answers I didn't like , I would have taken my trans somewhere else. You didn't do any of this. All of the information you have is second hand. I don't understand howyou can give your trans to someone and then NEVER actually talk to the person doing the work. More importantly , I don't understand how you can get on a public forum and bash someone you've never even had a conversation with. Not even 1 phone call?! The only person who could really shed some light on this is Phil , but I don't see him being real eager to jump into this discussion. He would either have to say that you're full of crap and blowing things out of proportion , or that Chuck is a jerk who can't do his job. There is no real upside for Phil in this one.

Yes , I get any work that I need to get done at FLP. I've had more than enough experience with FLP and other shops to come to that decision. I'm not looking to Hi-jack this thread to promote one shop or bash another. Had this been about any other shop I would feel the same way. I just don't get how you can vilify someone that you've had ZERO interaction with. I also don't get how you can give a major component of your car to someone to get it fixed and then never actually talk to the person doing the work to find out exactly what was going to be done , how much it would cost and how long it would take.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Heres how it worked. Sean contacted me about getting his trans rebuilt in January. Talking to Chuck about it he said he would have it done in a few weeks. I picked up the transmission from Sean the first week of February. Sean kept in contact with me about when it would be done. Unfortunately when we got Sean's transmission Chuck was in a transition period. He stopped officially working for FLP as of January 1st but continued to finish our orders we had while he was in the process of starting up his own transmission business and shop. Chuck hadnt moved into his new shop until this week. Unfortunately with Chuck's backlog of work and being split between working on transmissions during the day and getting his business stuff setup at night and on the weekends his turn around time suffered. I ended up giving Sean back his transmission on Monday this week.

I explained to Sean I felt that a good portion of this was my fault. I picked up the transmission thinking that if I had it here ready to go he could get it done sooner. What I should have done was picked it up when he was actually ready to build it that way we wouldnt have been sitting on his transmission so long.

As far as warranties go we have always offered a 6 month limited warranty on our transmissions. It covers failures that are assoiciated to the transmission if the transmission is abused or misused it isnt covered under warranty. We have no horsepower limitations or power adder limitations on our transmissions like some other companies but do require you make us aware of what kind of setup you are using.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Motorboater

K, well according to Phil's explanation, which coincides with mine of course..butcher you are still an idiot.

so if you needed something done and gave it to a shop and their employee that does that work decides he's gonna start a side business along with still doing that shop's work and totally ***** the deal, you'd be just fine with that and say "oh I should have just contaced that employee directly"

that would be if you wanted a mortgage and the loan was being held up in underwriting and instead of continuing to contact the loan officer and let them deal with the underwriters as is proper, you started harassing the underwriters directly isntead...good job bud, you're making a ton of sense today.

that is all.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Tenured Member

Yes I agree, still a TOOL. Another TooL who hand his car over to someone else and then swings from their *******. Next thing you know he is going to be sticking up for Hitler's actions in WWII. When someone is wrong their wrong. Your not their lawyer. Another ignorant Vette owner does it again.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Phil , Thanks for the reply. As I said earlier , you are a good guy and very professional.

Sean , I must be reading a different post than you. Phil's post doesn't exactly coincide with yours. According to Phil , when you contacted FLP about fixing your trans , Chuck didn't work for FLP. Did you know this? If you didn't , then that would be Phil's fault for not telling you. If he did , then I really don't understand why you never contacted Chuck. Phil doesn't mention any bullshit excuses either. He clearly says that Chuck was extremely busy and , at the time , had more work than he could handle. It appears that you simply caught him at a bad time. I understand that you're not too happy that nothing was done for 7 weeks , most people would be pissed about that. But what should Chuck have done? Should he have screwed several other people who ordered their transmissions before you just so you could get your trans right away? As for talking to the people who actually work on my car , you're goddamn right I would. It doesn't matter what car it is , I always talk to the person that does the work. When I had a cam installed by Speed several years ago , I talked to Jim a couple of time about a custum grind cam they had that would work in my car. After the cam was installed I talked to Dan about the work he did and how it went. When the the car was tuned I again talked to Jim about what he was doing. I always talk to the person/people who actually work on my car because they are the only ones who know for sure what was done. I don't only talk to the person that answers the phone because that person might not know exactly what was happening. I'm not sure why you have a bug up your ***. I didn't insult you , I didn't call you any names , I didn't even say you were full of ****. I was just baffled as to how you could bash someone that you didn't have any contact with of any kind. After reading what Phil wrote , I'm even more puzzled as to why you never talked to Chuck. When I met you at World of Wheels you seemed like a decent guy , I quess maybe I was wrong.

Timmy , You're just a fool who has no clue what he's talking about. I do most of the work on my own cars. Always have , always will. Unfortunately I don't have a lift , a chassis dyno or LS Edit so I can't do everthing myself. I wasn't defending FLP , I was trying to figure out why Sean was bashing someone he never even talked to. As it turns out , Chuck wasn't even an employee of FLP throughout this entire fiasco. So why don't you go pound sand up your *** while you pretend to know what you're talking about.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Motorboater

first, i am a decent dude. if i wasn't, i'd be on the net every other day like most people crying and bashing someone, like i said it takes alot.

honestly i didn't talk to chuck because i just didn't see the need. do you HONESTLY believe he would have told me anything diff than he was telling phil?

i have no experience with others working on my car as you do butcher, my car was built entirely in my garage by myself and a few others such as Timmy2stage here. i am not used to waiting, vague excuses, and zero timeframe given on a project, it is typically under MY control. so from my experience or lack thereof, and in my opinion, i was doing the right thing and going through proper channels in this transaction.

harping on this point that chuck doesn't work for flp anymore..it doesn't MATTER is my and timmy's point here...if he is still the sole trans builder for FLP and I gave the trans to FLP, why would the hell would I have been harassing chuck?

for example i don't even have the first clue what the name of the place that built my shortblock is..i got it through speed inc, and of course since i trust everything tom does for me, i didn't even ask who was building it or for any updates or anything, it was built on time and given to me as promised.

i think because of the fact that i have a close working relationship with my friends at speed inc and that i can always trust them 100 percent, i never have to bug them. if jim does something in my pcm, i swing by, have him do it and leave, i don't even ask twice about anything cuz i know it'll be right. when dan set up my gears in my pumpkin for me i gave it to him then came back and got it, no worries. so i am used to that kind of thing, and so i guess you are saying i was stupid for assuming a reputable trans builder deserves the same?? my bad then, guess that's why i have never strayed from speed prior to this and never will again.

thusly, if chuck could have given some resemblence of a clue as to when he would get to my trans, i would have been satisfied. what i could not handle, and took my stuff back for, was the complete and utter lack of any kind of timeframe..like i said before..was i supposed to just hope i got the ******* trans back sometime in 2005??

i don't see why this is so comlicated and why you are arguing with me over the same mute point.

the bottom line is he screwed up. there was NO timeframe, NO work done, i will not agree no matter what that i was not using proper channels of communication, and i took my stuff back and it is now the middle of april, my car is otherwise ready and its still on jackstands and i'm pissed about it, end of story.

Last edited by SilverGhost; 04-15-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Chuck of FLP's new side business, i would NOT deal with him