LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Rating system for sponsors.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rating system for sponsors.

It would be neat if someone could setup a satisfaction rating system for the sponsors here. I've personally have had a few bad experiences with LS1 vendors. Something along the lines of the feedback system that EBAY uses. I would feel more comfortable dealing with someone that had good feedback rather than venturing into the great unknown.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could make a sticky pole for all of the registered sponsors and make it quarterly
Old 04-19-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure it's needed. The truth about many vendors can easily be found in this forum. If people ignore complaint after complaint and subsequently get screwed that is their problem!.

Mark
Old 04-19-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sponsors would hopefully want to have close to 100% positive feedback. They might provide better customer service to keep the positive feedback high. It would also be a quick reference you could use before doing business with them. On EBAY I never deal with anybody that has too much negative feedback.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

When I used to work for Lucent, we did this for our suppliers and it really did work. I'm all for it.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I could build one in PHP, we could then incorporate it with the site.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:20 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have mentioned the ebay rating system a long time ago when I had trouble with janzter. when you make a purchase you would recieve a number that allowed you to place one comment reguarding the actual purchase
Old 04-20-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Makes a LOT of sence.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An "Ebay" style rating system wouldn't solve 90% of the recent/existing problems of late. Jay at AS had an awesome product and many happy customers before he suddenly dropped off the face of the earth. APE had a spotless reputation until just very recently (less than a week in this specific case). Jantzer was great for a while, and had many happy customers. Even *gulp* Q/M/P and JPR were fine for a while. All of them dropped off QUICKLY and usually without much warning. I think the current system is probably the best, it allows both positive and negative feedback, and allows for the resolution to be known and researched at a later date, good or bad.

Shawn
Old 04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
An "Ebay" style rating system wouldn't solve 90% of the recent/existing problems of late. Jay at AS had an awesome product and many happy customers before he dropped off the face of the earth. APE had a spotless reputation until just very recently. Jantzer was great for a while, had many happy customers. Even *gulp* Q/M/P and JPR were fine for a while. All of them dropped off QUICKLY and usually without much warning, making all previous ratings useless. I think the current system is probably the best, it allows both positive and negative feedback, and allows for the resolution to be known and researched at a later date, good or bad.

Shawn
I agree with a lot of what you said,I have 2 friends in my area that are having current "problems" on delivery on parts/service from a vendor that has had nothing but rave reviews as far as I can tell, but I still think that over a period of time it would have some benefit,nuff said.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

There's only one problem with this as I see it. There are some situations where the customer can be at fault (mid build changes, unpaid invoices, etc). It's too easy to throw the blame on a sponsor in a situation like this. This would need to be considered.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Maybe a system where a person could rate the sponsor BUT, the rating has to be "tied" to a post in here. Say a person puts up a complaint thread and below the reply box there is a rating box with good or bad choices and a small description box.(similiar to how a poll is setup, you have to put a post up to have a poll) When the person hits the submit button the post goes up and the rating information is sent to a database to be sorted out.

The only way to leave a feedback rating would be to post a thread with the information in it. The feedback ratings could go into a database and be displayed seperately in there own page. The page could have all the sponsors names in there and when you click on a name it brought up that sponsors ratings in much the same way as the EBAY system works. Users could view the feedback page for a sponsor and if they saw a complaint they could click on it to view the corresponding thread. By making it only an option with a corresponding thread you cut down on the number of people trying to scam the system and give the sponsor a chance to respond to any negative feedback.

This section wouldn't change much how it works but, users would be able to much more quickly view a sponsors good and bad threads without even having to do a search.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The sponsor rating system would be a good thing. It would certainly help the moderating staff conduct their periodic invetigations into difficult transactions. It would also help the sponsor see problem customers as well. Certainly a good idea with so many transactions going on and the limited staff that LS1Tech has to try to keep things balanced.

Rick
Old 04-20-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

I agree....and love that sig, it owns me lol.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bo White
I agree....and love that sig, it owns me lol.
Bo please get rid of that Tennessee looking thing in your sig.LOL Roll Tide
Old 04-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Adkoonerstrator

This thread is about discussing a rating system. Go find some other thread on some other board to hijack.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

HEY:

Everyone stay on topic because otherwise we will make it so you individually can't see the classifieds.

This thread with all the offtopic junk is a great example why the rating system would need to have some controlls. Who is Wretched1? He registered just to post to APE threads.

Frankly I would only consider allowing folks with over 250 or MORE posts to rate folks. Otherwise folks just register and start crap. Takes quite a while to make 250 posts.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I can understand the concern about post levels the difficulty in monitoring IDs.

How about a scanned copy of receipts or CC bills being submitted as a waiver of the post level though? It wouldn't make a lot of sense for people that don't post much to not have a voice after spending thousands of dollars.

Rick
Old 04-21-2005, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

That sounds like a lot of work, not sustainable.

I'd want the feedback to list the users too, so you could contact them or see who did it and then you think about whether you think they are credible.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

That would take a bunch of work. Even maintaining the DB of all the input would take a considerable amount of time, b/c I'm sure people would not always be so civil or fair as they need to be. I haven't coded vB database stuff before otherwise I'd work on a way to deal with this. I'm sure Brains could write something in his sleep tho.

Input based on a legit purchase(would be hard to track) with one comment per purchase, w/o the opportunity for other people to comment on that stuff. Also, not being able to post negatively about those comments in other forums would help keep things calm. The trick is figuring out who really has a right to post there, if its just by post count or what.

Quick Reply: Rating system for sponsors.