LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Problem with Diamond pistons. *Resolved by Diamond*

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 07:23 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Problem with Diamond pistons. *Resolved by Diamond*

I have had great luck with them, but a friend (with a mustang so he is not on here) decided hell, brad and Boris and this one and that one had great luck with diamond, i'll try them this time.
he went threw Fox lake who i guess is one of the top stang guys, they did his heads and ordered him a set of pistions. well, he got the pistons, put the hole motor together, and found with clay, that the valve reliefs where in the wrong spot. Now, this is on a factory style head, nothing fancy. fox lake said they even sent a clay mold. so anyway, he called, and diamond said, well, we can fix it, but it will be 2-3 weeks (after waiting a month+) he said thats not good, i want them asap, it should be top of the list, you screwed up, fix it. so he said, (he being Ron from diamond) send them back, they pay to ship them, Dimond gets them back, my buddy tells them exact locations and what has to be changed. Diamond sends them back, now the valve relief is in the right spot, but they CUT the dome off!!!!!! why?? not to sure, now Ron wont answer his calls, wont call back ect ect. In my opinion he ows them a new set of correct pistions! after getting the motor together (paying to have it all balanced and all) paying to ship them, getting them back cut, (now he has to balace again!!!! $300+) and they have a smaller wall, and less compresion so his hole setup is off now.
not sure if Diamond is to blame 100%, but atleast give the kid the curtosy of a call back!!!
is this going to stop me from using Diamond? no, like i said myself and many others have had great luck, and they make great stuff, but maybe they should check out there customer service towards Loue call the kid back. now what he is doing is, putting it together and setting it up the same, he is going to hit it, and hope to not burn a pistion, but it will take more spray to run the # he is looking for, and without the extra metal on the top, who knows.

ps, i think his is my first post i started saying somthing bad about a sponser, but im sure i will get my flamming. but like i said, i have had great luck, maybe if someone from diamond sees this they can clear up the issue, or atleast give there side of the story (maybe fox lake is to blame???
Old 05-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

I forwarded this link to my brother who works in engineering at Diamond. He will make sure it gets to the right people.

Tom
Old 05-11-2005, 09:15 AM
8 second mod

Hey, thanks alot man!!!! Like i said, i have had great luck, and i know this board is perfect for this, 99% of the people here are very helpfull.
thanks again, and i hope it works out.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

Yeah Tom's brother should be able to help.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:42 AM
8 second mod

I hope so, that will be GREAT!
if someone wants to talk in person (the public stuff sucks sometimes) im fine with that. call my cell, anytime.
1-978-375-2143
if i could find out asap because he is putting the motor BACK together tonight, but i told him to hold off on that part for now. there may be light at the end of his tunnle.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a Mustang?What do you expect

Someone had to say it
Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 AM
8 second mod

hey hey hey. its fast tho. lol
Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 AM
8 second mod

i started a new post, dimond fixed it.
Thanks.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:49 AM
8 second mod

kind of funny, 300 views on this, and 30 on the good post. that proves the statment for evey good thing one person knows for every bad thing, 10 people know.
mods, Diamond made good on this, so if you want to deliet it, i dont want people to just see the bad. diamond fixed it.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm gonna edit your title to reflect that its been resolved, so people won't jump to conclusions
Old 05-12-2005, 11:21 AM
8 second mod

thanks. just hate bad karma.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Good Deal!

Tom
Old 05-13-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are good guys at diamond. Glad to see they took care of you.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:36 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I also had an issue with Diamond. they took care of it right away.I can't complain if they fix their mistakes promply.I'll keep using their pistons until they give me reason not to.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hate to dig this up but this is what the search found and I am seeking advice. I bought a set of new pistons from a local shop and former sponser that went out of business a year ago. I bought the pistons because they sold them to me at cost (because they were going out of business.) I knew I wouldn't use them until this summer but I was trying to think ahead and get a good deal. Well I brought the pistons to the machine shop last week to have them balanced only to find out that the pistons are 21 grams off from each other! I have three that weigh 426g. and five that weigh 447g. The part number on the box for the pistons is 11503. They are 3.905, -8cc, coated pistons. I thought I had two different kinds of pistons in the box but they ALL have the exact same part number. I called Diamonds cust. service and spoke to Bill (1 of 3 people at their cust. service who can handle this type of thing) and ask him how that could be. Two hours later we figure out that the pistons changed in production from 447g to 426g about a year ago and share the same part number.!? I asked if he could take care of this and he told me he could not do anything without a receipt. The problem is that I paid cash and have no receipt. I normally wouldn't do something like that without a receipt but the box was still sealed when I bought it and until last week, the pistons were still individually wrapped.

To make matters worse, I ask Bill what options I have and he says that he carries a lightweight wristpin that is 20g lighter than the ones I have- PERFECT! I paid $55 for the pins but when I open them up they are way too short. The pins are 2.500" and the ones I need are 2.950". I call Bill and tell him they won't work. I ask for a refund on the pins and he won't do it. He just kept talking in circles and will only give me a credit.

So now I have 3 light pistons, 5 heavy pistons, and a $55 credit at Diamond that I won't use. The cost of the 5 lightweight pistons I need are going to cost as much as I paid for the whole set and Diamond does not make the heavy ones anymore so ordering just those three are not an option. I don't understand why they can't take care of this. It shouldn't matter if I have a receipt or not. It's not like I'm trying to exchange pistons I bought from Thunder to Speed Inc.. I'm dealing with the company directly. The pistons were packaged wrong from the warehouse. Now I won't have an engine for at least 3 months until I can save up the money. I feel sick over this. I'm not saying that Diamond owes me an exchange and are refusing to do so; they are legally in their boundaries. It just seems to me that they would do the exchange from a customer satisfaction standpoint. Is that wrong

Last edited by SStolen; 08-26-2005 at 03:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Problem with Diamond pistons. *Resolved by Diamond*