LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)

I knew people on here said Bo did a good job, but , I wasn't expecting all that. I'm flat out amazed at how smooth this thing is. I'm surprised you let these things get out the door for so cheap. Very nice work Bo. Perfect example of an enthusiast looking out for another enthusiast.

Going to take some cleaner to the outside to clean up the old dull finish so it'll look at least close to as good as what you've done. Going to clean it up Saturday when I've got some time, the install it on the car as well as do the coolant bypass. Will post results then. For now, you guys just get pics...

Note: My camera isn't the best, and my computer here at home sucks, so I cant really tell if the pics are a good representation or not. I'll check them at work tomorrow morning and let you guys know.
Attached Thumbnails Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)-dsc01639-copy.gif   Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)-dsc01640-copy.gif   Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)-dsc01641-copy.gif  
Old 05-12-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Glad ya like it, should be a kick in the pants in the throttle responce department. You can imagine what emails I have had in the last 3 days or so about me quiting. I promise if I can keep doin TBs and heads I will but Im not sure at the moment. BTW, you should see my cylinder head porting

Last edited by Bo White; 05-12-2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

Uh.. you are quitting???? ****... do you need the full TB or can I send you a spare I have that doesnt have the blade in it? I want to get in before you quit!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he already quit dude. he's trying to settle in at a new job and then possibly (hopefully) restart again later.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Looked at the pics, justice is barely done. The throttle body is so smooth and the blade is like a mirror. Thanks again Bo, hopefully you'll get back up and running even if you're at a slower pace than last time.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey Bo, any tips for the do-it-yourself'ers? I'd much rather have you do it, but I know you're not proting anymore, plus I usually can't afford any downtime on my car so I was going to give it a shot tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

here is a simple guide to doing it. basically just take off small amounts and move in smooth motions. a dremel will do the trick if thats all you have. gettin' Bo's mirror finish will take a LOT of work tho on the blade. i'd also suggest taking out a little more material around the lip than the guide shows, at least i do on all my tb's i've ported.

http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=16
Old 05-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
here is a simple guide to doing it. basically just take off small amounts and move in smooth motions. a dremel will do the trick if thats all you have. gettin' Bo's mirror finish will take a LOT of work tho on the blade. i'd also suggest taking out a little more material around the lip than the guide shows, at least i do on all my tb's i've ported.

http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=16
Yeah, listen to Travis, he knows his ****! here are pics of my Travis ported TB
Attached Thumbnails Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)-tb-1.jpg   Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)-tb-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Got Throttle Body Back (Bo White Porting w/ Pics)