LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

BMR does it again...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thumbs down BMR does it again...

This is my second k-member that doesnt have holes in the right spot. First one had a motor mount that was off by half a hole (shifted ~ .25"). I sent it back and got a new one. This time the steering rack isnt bolting up right. I put the bolt in one hole and try and hook up the the bolt (there are two places in the front of the k-member that the steering rack bolts too), and no dice. That hole is off ~.125". I used a screw driver and tried to bend, pry, anything to get the holes to line up so i can get the second bolt in. NOPE, not happening. i need to get a big drill bit and open the hole up on my new k-member so I can get the damn bolt in. Crap like this pisses me off. I can only imagine what a disaster putting the k-member back in the car is gonna be. Lets hope they only screwed up one mounting area.

BIG THUMBS DOWN BMR, CHECK YOUR JIGS!
Old 05-23-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've heard this a few times w/BMR, and some of their pieces breaking. One reason I only run Spohn/UMI.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
One reason I only run Spohn/UMI.
Neither one makes a K-member so we have a limited selection. Spohn was supposed to come out with one earlier this year, bu never did (don't even think they built a prototype yet).

RealQuick - Sorry to hear about the hassle. I just ordered a BMR K-member from Speed Inc so hopefully it will install okay.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Neither one makes a K-member so we have a limited selection. Spohn was supposed to come out with one earlier this year, bu never did (don't even think they built a prototype yet).

RealQuick - Sorry to hear about the hassle. I just ordered a BMR K-member from Speed Inc so hopefully it will install okay.
No they don't...yet
Old 05-23-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive seen other Kmembers for LS1s, cant remember who makes them... BMR has done me right in past dealings.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Mine was off a little but we managed to get the bolt in w/o drillng or grinding.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Both companies have them planned/in the works. I'll wait patiently, as I'm not a madman when it comes to modding anyhow. I'll wait patiently(or not so patiently...but I'll still wait ).
Old 05-24-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Goodluck. I ordered my k-member and upeer/lower front control arms thru them and got the wrong color the first time. Then I was sent the right ones after I sent the other stuff back. The 2nd k-member didnt fit and the 3rd has the steering rack issue. For all that $$ you would think it could be a true bolt-in
Old 05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BYUNSPEED
Well get to it soldier and quit mucking around on here!
he doesn't take orders, he gives orders...
Old 05-27-2005, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RealQuick
This is my second k-member that doesnt have holes in the right spot. First one had a motor mount that was off by half a hole (shifted ~ .25"). I sent it back and got a new one. This time the steering rack isnt bolting up right. I put the bolt in one hole and try and hook up the the bolt (there are two places in the front of the k-member that the steering rack bolts too), and no dice. That hole is off ~.125". I used a screw driver and tried to bend, pry, anything to get the holes to line up so i can get the second bolt in. NOPE, not happening. i need to get a big drill bit and open the hole up on my new k-member so I can get the damn bolt in. Crap like this pisses me off. I can only imagine what a disaster putting the k-member back in the car is gonna be. Lets hope they only screwed up one mounting area.

I am sure you have contaacted BMR about the problem right? I have had BMR products for several years(includind their k-member) and have had very few isues with fit or finish sure your putting it on right?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sikws6
I am sure you have contaacted BMR about the problem right? I have had BMR products for several years(includind their k-member) and have had very few isues with fit or finish sure your putting it on right?
Common dude, steering rack bolts up in two places, you cant really put it in wrong.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was off by a hair. I managed to get it in without drilling.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Just a follow up. I installed my BMR K-member last weekend and every thing lined up and installed fine.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Just a follow up. I installed my BMR K-member last weekend and every thing lined up and installed fine.
Lucky SOB!
Old 06-10-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Veteran

PA Racing makes a nice LS1 k member.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by maddboost
PA Racing makes a nice LS1 k member.

Yeah i got my k-member there an they have the best price.....

FINISH LINE PER.. GOOD SEV..
Old 06-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

try a PA from finish line performance
Old 06-17-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a PA k-member and A-arms

install was perfect.

i also will NEVER EVER buy aanother piece from BMR after breaking a trak pak torque arm on a mid 12 second car. the tube stretched and brake... which trashed the yoke (160 gone), the drive shaft (350 gone), and what i thought was a good torque arm (415 to replace with the Spohn unit.... which looks a TON stronger and has held up to a ton of abuse).

some day ppl will learn not to buy from them
Old 06-17-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll be looking at the Spohn stuff from now on.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

I'll be looking at the Spohn stuff from now on.
Steve turley went low 8.xx on the same torque arm with NO PROBLEMS repeatedly and that is in a heavy car that sixty foots regularly in the low 1.30 sixty foot range,i have the extreme on mine no problems,i guess my point is everyone is going to have an opinion,that's what forums are for, but besure to do your own research before you buy any ones product and then come to your own conclusion......my.02

Quick Reply: BMR does it again...