LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

TByrne lack of delivery for FIVE WEEKS

Old 06-24-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry TByrne lack of delivery for OVER EIGHT WEEKS NOW!!!

The following is my original post from the end of June:

I ordered a set of Kooks 1 7/8" with a 3" Y 5 weeks ago.

I was told I would be on the first gp; which I find out today that I'm on the second gp.

I ordered on a Monday but my card wasn't charged for a week and a half I thought this was odd but overlooked it (I've had a few thousand dollars in parts being delivered every week and the headers slipped my mind as a result). In your system it shows that I placed my order on a Thursday, May 26th and was charged June 1st . . . I called and placed my order on a Monday long before the 26th, not a Thursday.
Either there was a computer error or human one . . . regardless, this is far too long for a set of pipes to deliver.

I received the Y-pipe the other day; over 4 weeks after I placed my original order.

I've been told that Holly is calling Kooks to "find out the status of my headers . . . " which I've been told 2 or 3 other times over the past week and a half.

I've been told that they should have an answer for me on Monday, June 27th as to when/if my headers will be completed/shipped.

So final delivery for the headers will be 6 WEEKS or longer since I placed my order; this is unacceptable.

Group Purchases, by definition, cause a delay in shipping due to the discounted nature of the sale. 2 to 4 weeks is acceptable; 6 weeks or more is not.

I was gonna call to order the ATI D1SC in another month but this header situation has given me pause.

Christopher D

Onyx Black 2001 SLP T/A Firehawk M6 #89

Bilsteins, Chrome Rims, Deck Mat, Birth Certificate, Portfolio

PERFORMANCE: Jung's S2 Heads stock CR | TSP 237/242 MS3 | '03 Viper Tranny | F.A.S.T. LSX 90mm Intake Manifold | Kooks 1 7/8”, 3” Y with Corsa | Spec S3 Kevlar Clutch | SLP Hi-Flow Radiator | Meziere EWP 160* | LPE 3 1/2" Aluminum Driveshaft | F.A.S.T. 90 mm TB | De-screened MAF | TSP Clear Lid-K&N | ASP Crank Pulley | LS6 Ported Oil Pump | Rollmaster Double-Roller Timing Chain | SLP Bellows | NGK Plugs-MSD'S | Harlan's Shiftlight | FRA | TBB | tuned by Me | Crane Valvetrain with PP .650 lift springs | Hotchkis SFC's & STB | Mac Rear-End Cover with tighter lashed gears | Stock Hurst with UMI Short Stick | SLP Reverse Logic Module | New '04 LS1 engine at 48K mi | Brembo Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors with Red Calipers.

COSMETIC: Granatelli 200 mph White Gauges, Custom Front Air Dam, Custom Firehawk Fuel Rail Covers, Custom Firehawk Headrest Embroidery, Custom Carbon Fiber Interior, Custom Red Leather Interior, Custom Red Carpet, Custom Red Tubing for Engine Bay, Mallory Billet Polished Aluminum Interior, Pioneer 10" Stealth Box, Clear Corner Lenses, Trans Am Valve Stems.

Brenda's 2001 Racing Red WS6 A4

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, SLP Lid-K&N, Jantzer S2 TB, Bilstein Shocks, Eibach Lowering Springs, UMI SFC'S/STB, Brembo Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors with Red Calipers, Clear Corner Lenses, Trans Am Valve Stems.

Last edited by The Dragon; 07-25-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn bro, I feel ur pain, sucks on long waits for parts!!!!! You know that I know all about that!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Oh! The headers/Y may be listed in my sig . . . but obviously they are not here/installed. I just hate putting . . . coming soon yada yada
Old 06-24-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Damn bro, I feel ur pain, sucks on long waits for parts!!!!! You know that I know all about that!!!
Thanks Brotha!

Can't wait 'til we get that BEAST runnin' and tune that BEATCH!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its been taking forever for everyone to get anything from Kooks. I agree if you weren't told upfront that it would take a while, thats not right, but its a well known fact right now that kooks is 4-6 weeks behind on their orders.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

That kinda sucks. Then again, they may only be relaying what Kooks is telling them, puttingthem in the middle. That happens sometimes in these situations. I know this doesn't make you feel any better about waiting, but it is a possibility to consider.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

I have no problem with waiting. Lying is a problem with me. Even if I wasn't told up front; if someone would have told me 2 weeks ago . . . "hey . . . look it's gonna be another month . . . kooks can't handle the demand etc. . . . "

To ANYONE who owns a business; they can understand. Lack of communication or, worse yet, false or misleading promises to the customer is illadvised.

Last edited by The Dragon; 06-27-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh, the power of the internet
Old 06-28-2005, 03:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
Ahhh, the power of the internet
I was told last Friday that Holly was gonna call Kooks to find out the situation with my Headers. They informed me that Holly, or someone else would reach me by no later than Monday with an update.

Guess what . . . I didn't get a call.

So now I guess I'll have to call them again today (Tuesday) and be a "bothersome customer."
Old 06-29-2005, 05:44 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

Oh boy . . . this is ridiculous

STILL haven't received a call from Tbyrne

I didn't get a chance to call them until after 5p.m. est. Tuesday, June 28th but, obviously, they were closed already.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm suprised they aren't responding to this thread. He is on here a lot posting up specials. You may want to pm him. TBYRNE
Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Well . . . I bit the bullet and called them this afternoon (Wednesday, June 29th) and FINALLY talked to someone who actually told me SOMETHING.

She was very nice and helpful and had me on hold until she reached someone at Kooks with a definitive answer: my headers will arrive at TByrne next WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY.

She also apologized for Holly not at least calling me back to tell me something like I was promised last week . . . and the week before . . . and the week before

She said that Holly was out sick today (Wednesday) but that she would speak to her tomorrow (Thursday) about the incident.

I was told that it looked like Holly was the person that originally took my order . . . so long ago . . . in a galaxy far, far away . . . <---- sorry about the Star Wars tangent

I surmised that it was a human error made in my original order (when I ordered I was originally slated for the first Kooks gp); and now I bet I know which human it was that made the error.

Words of advice: if you order from Holly at TByrne . . . make sure your order goes through . . . that day.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:05 AM
TECH Addict

Angry

Originally Posted by 777
I'm suprised they aren't responding to this thread. He is on here a lot posting up specials. You may want to pm him. TBYRNE
I responded to one of his GP threads directly. We'll see what happens next
Old 07-04-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

You didn't see a reply in this thread because I hardly read this section. Clicked on the wrong forum and saw it. I also apologize for the time that it has taken for you to receive your order. Kooks shipments tend to take awhile. They produce headers in batches. It seems like each vehicle's batch comes around every 3-5 weeks now.

I don't know anything about your order but will talk to Holly about it tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I doubt your delay for your headers has anything to do with Tbyrne's. Kooks is backlogged alot.I heard they just moved there shop too. In the winter I get there headers in 1 week,in the summer it can take 2 months.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I took a look into this for you and am not sure what you are referring to about 1st and 2nd GP. We had one a few months ago. The 2nd was awhile after that. I do show your order being placed over the phone on the 26th of May. The invoice numbers are consecutive around this and seeing you did it over the phone with Holly, it is unlikely that it got lost in the shuffle as the orders are typed while the customer is on the phone. She said that she didn't have any notes to give you a call. She said she would contact you when the headers were shipping from here. It may have just been a misunderstanding. We have tried to contact Kooks on several occassions and all we get is "they are in process" last Friday was the first time I have gotten solid dates on anything from them. A batch of Camaro/Firebird products arrived today. This is just part of the shipment.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not gonna argue anymore . . . I've done enough talking and been given the run-around over the phone more times than I care to remember. The fact that you were told Holly " . . . didn't have any notes to give you a call . . . " is disheartening about your office and it's communication skills within to say the least.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it is not the wait that bothers me. It's the misinformation/lies I've been told this past month and a half.

I just want the products for which I paid a long time ago and I wish to put this business transaction faaaaaaaaaaaaaar behind me.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

You weren't lied to.

No answer to the GP 1 / GP 2 question or about the date that you placed your order.

We keep notes for most orders. This way everyone knows what went on with the customer and if they require a call for something.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:06 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Wasn't lied to . . . hmm . . . let's see . . .

It's QUITE interesting that the FIRST time I actually receive any call WHATSOEVER from your business was after I made these posts on the internet. (yesterday was the call to be exact)

I no longer care what you think happened in this situation sir; I've explained thoroughly in this thread.

Just give me the product for which I paid.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

That was because we received an update from Kooks. They usually don't call us to provide an update. So we were providing customers with an update after we received it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TByrne lack of delivery for FIVE WEEKS