LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Careful if you purchase something from TSP!! (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its like going into a store, asking "How much is that refrigerator?" "$399" Then complaining about the tax when you get to the register. Doesnt make sense.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:01 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Yep our tax rate is probably the cheapest of all the TX based shops since we're about 20 feet outside the city limit on either side. Lubbock on one side, Wolfforth (sp) on the other.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:28 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
Yep our tax rate is probably the cheapest of all the TX based shops since we're about 20 feet outside the city limit on either side. Lubbock on one side, Wolfforth (sp) on the other.
Ah, I see! Very convenient
Old 07-05-2005, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you all want to say, whatever. I think it is a good idea to post if you have a bad experience with a shop, although, there are probably more good stories than bad anyway. The fact is they said $800 even, with no additional charges, which is why I took the deal right away. State tax or not, THEY can control what price goes into their computer and they can tweak it below their margin cost if they want. I really like my parts so I am not holding a grudge against TSP, plus my install is tomorrow so that is all I care about now. So the point still stands, which some of you do not get: If ANYONE says they will charge you something and then charges you more, that is really called FRAUD!! So take my point and do what you want with it because we all have a right to say something if it does not go right! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta love no Florida sponsors what taxes?

But in all seriousness, you live in the State you are buying goods from. You can't escape sales tax and the vendor surely isn't going to absorb the taxes you didn't pay that wouldn't be fair.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

First, I'd like to say I've had nothing but good experiences with TSP in the past, and I'm planning on signing up for a kick *** cam package they've got on sale.

However, if you quote someone a price of $800 FLAT, like she said, that price should include tax. Here at work, when someone orders a pizza, I give them their total INCLUDING tax, so there's no surprise when my delivery person gets to their door.

Agreed that there is now way around sales tax, but that should have been discussed at the time of purchase. Maybe it was, I don't know cause I wasn't there. Going by the posts from fasttagurl and TSP, it sounds like the additional tax charge was IMPLIED and not discussed.

In all fairness to TSP though, most other vendors would have told you to go screw yourself if you don't want to pay sales tax. I think they did a pretty good job of rectifying the situation.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What makes this entire thing smell like bullshit is this:

1. Using the "I was taken advantage of because I'm a chick" excuse. I know the guys at TSP personally and this is simply not something they would do. They have always displayed nothing less than excellent business practices and customer service. Any woman who makes this claim should be ready to back it up with very credible proof, which she can't. Period.

2. She came to this site and bitched about this AFTER the situation had been resolved, and resolved very well to her advantage along with an apology from TSP.

3. This is easy to see that this started as a miscommunication that is very simple and easy to make, but that customers are quick to play upon to their advantage..... Tax, what tax? I didn't know anything about tax? Are you trying to **** me over....help, fire in the theatre, wolf in the sheep pen, I have *****, someone's trying to **** me over!!!!! Sorry, but again, TSP was quick to apologize for the miscommunication, made great reparations to you, and THEN you called them out online. That's really low IMO.

Yep, you can bitch about any sponsor you want to; if they're smart, the rest will be cautious in doing business with you based on your attacking after a resolution has been reached and making claims such as you were taken advantage of because you're a girl. This tells me that you are possibly using your gender as a way to get discounts that aren't readily available to everyone else and /or making exaggerated claims against companies for a discount after the fact; perhaps TSP didn't engage in fraud as you claim, but that you engaged in embezzlment?

Enjoy your new parts, you got a deal on them, valid or not.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Your post should read "Becareful when you sell me parts, because i like to bitch for stupid reasons" You are upset because you were charged sales tax???? I think you need to contact your congressman, not bitch on here. For future reference, any thing you buy in Texas, (that is taxable) you will be charged tax on. I know thats a lot to take in, but it is the truth
Old 07-09-2005, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Well I have a recent issue with Texas Speed but they have always treated me well and I've ordered a lot of crap from them in the past few months. **** happens sometime and I can understand how you feel but like me I just got over it. I will continue to use TSP and my first choice just because of the the personel there and the customer service. They actually tell you when you don't need stuff instead of selling you crap just to make money and in my experiences they actually treat you like a friend and not just a customer.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

This was resolved. Nothing more to talk about here that hasn't already been said.

Quick Reply: Careful if you purchase something from TSP!! (Resolved)