LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Scoggin Dickey WTF? Kinda long rant.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scoggin Dickey WTF? Kinda long rant. (Updated)

I have heard nothing but good about this place, so I ordered some parts from them. Supposed to have them last Thursday. Still don't have them.

I placed my order online last Tuesday. Someone called to verify my shipping address on Wednesday, because I was having the parts shipped to my work address, and said my parts would be here on Thursday, or Friday at the latest. I received an e-mail saying my parts had shipped on Wednesday. On Tuesday after giving them the benefit of the doubt, I called to see why my parts still hadn't arrived, and they said my credit card had been declined, which couldn't be the case. It's a debit card with plenty of money in the account. They said they would run it again, and if they had any problems they would call me. I gave my cell#, and told the guy to call my cell phone if there were any problems because by the time I get home and check my messages, it's too late to call. Already closed. No calls all day. When I get home, guess what?, a message saying there was a problem with my order. Now another day lost because they didn't call my cell like they said they would. The next day I call them, and they say my card is expired. Again, wrong. Has 2 more years on it. I give them the expiration date again, and my parts were shipped finally. Scoggin Dickey told me I would get my order Friday. When I used their online tracking it said next Monday. Then Fedex brings the parts to my home, where there is no one home to sign for them, and leaves me a note on the door that they will try again on Monday. Meanwhile, I have a friend who has donated this weekend to help me do my cam install, and I won't have the parts to do it, Even though I ordered them a week and a half ago from a supposedly reputable company in my own state.

It's not the end of the world, but I do expect a little better attention to detail from a sponsor of this site. I order from a lot of different places online, and rarely ever have these kind of problems with my debit card, or shipping address. A simple e-mail to let me know of the problem could have had my parts here at least by this past Monday, which by the way, is the method Scoggin Dickey claims on their website to be, how you will be contacted if there are any problems. Even a call to my cell phone the second go around would have gotten my parts here before now.

Sorry for the rant. I just want to let people know what kind of service to expect from this sponsor.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 11-08-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

You can usually goto FED-Ex and they'll find it for you and give it to you, so you dont have to wait. At least, they do around here.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same problem with them. Promised parts for a specific date, then no parts.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Me too, I ordered a block on Sept. 16th, I was assured it would be delivered on the 20th. (it was on the shelf at GM, I did my homework before ordering. It was to be drop shipped from GM to my machine shop) It arrived 3 weeks late and I was overcharged $196. I finally got a refund this week.. I think I've learned my lesson.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

Byunspeed is the man though thought id post this Chris. HAHA! Hope you get the **** in, Im curious as to how itll turn out.

Last edited by BrianC98Z28; 11-07-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Finally got everything. Curious myself. Going after a certain red Z.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

haha chris, some massive **** talkin last night, my cam is not far away either and then its over for that damn z28.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Xtremespeed ~

I just noticed this post, and I hate that your shipment was handled in the way that it was. Scoggin Dickey works very hard to make sure every customer is taken care of and recieves the attention one should recieve. Like many other shops out there we make mistakes and all we can do is learn from them. I can see that we have made several in your case, and I am working with the powers that be, to make sure that we do not do this again. Like anything else in the world you have a choice in were you buy parts, and we will work with you in any way that we can to earn your respect. We have been in business for just over 75 years, and we work hard everyday to find ways to make our operation mistake free. I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention, and if there is anything I can do please let me know personally.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I have been contacted through e-mail and by telephone from a couple of different people from SDPC, and they have offered to do whatever it takes to make this right. I believe they care about their customers, and am impressed by the lengths they have gone to to keep me as a customer. Hopefully my next order will be taken care of better. Since they have gone out of their way, I have agreed to give them a second chance. I will let everyone know how my next deal turns out.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

SDPC is great. But there local for me. Infact im gonna have to be by there in a few days to get some parts.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Thumbs down

I'm starting to wonder about SDPC. Placed an order on 10/19, which they shipped on 10/21 to my old address in California. I tracked the order and it was delivered to my old address on 10/24. I entered to correct information in the billing and shipping sections. Confirmation Invoice they sent me had correct address on it.

I have emailed them three times and get nothing but an automatic confirmation of receipt of my email. I have called twice and the first guy says the IT department has gone home for the day and he can't help me. I called during the hours posted for contacting them. I called again the next day from work and was told they are now waiting for a part to come in.

No calls, no emails, no parts(as of 11/10), and no apoligies.

Guess I'll be buying my 402 short block elsewhere.

DJ

Last edited by RPOWU8; 11-10-2005 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Scoggin Dickey WTF? Kinda long rant.