LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

boy I hear those Futral cams are great, too bad I couldnt fuckin order one today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry boy I hear those Futral cams are great, too bad I couldnt ****** order one today!

Yeah I work construction,no computer access, after finding out that a used F13 112 already sold here I decided to call Futral and get the ball rolling, in hopes it would already be ground and sent 2 day air, that way I could do the swap this weekend.

Initially with the time difference I assumed Futral was at lunch, but then after calling whenever I could all ****** day and leaving not one but 2 brief descript voicemails stating "I want this cam, please call me", nothing.

So now it looks like people lined up to get my current valvetrain set up are gonna have to wait another week, as were gonna have to do the swap next weekend instead.

Im hesitant to go with Futral's cam at all after this, what if say they accidentally send the wrong cam, is this indicative of their customer service?

Anyone else grind a cam similar to an F13 112? I got a bad taste in my mouth from Futral, and I didnt even order anything.....
Old 02-08-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1. This is the wrong forum to post this in.
2. Take this up with Futral once you get ahold of them, I am sure they are very busy, be patient.

Thread delete please.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shops do not always have the ability to answer every call, or get back with someone the very next minute.

Moving to the proper forum.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he hasnt had a steady guy at the counter in the past few weeks so it is hard to get ahold of him right now. my best luck is around 12 lunch
Old 02-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Oh really? I assumed a thread about not being able to purchase a cam which resides in the engine was appropriate for LS6 internal engine, my bad. As for them being available, no I called all day long, and left 2 messages.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you make a thread to bitch about a shop that you havent even talked to or dealt with? lame dude.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
you make a thread to bitch about a shop that you havent even talked to or dealt with? lame dude.
x2.

These shops do not have to sell you anything. Always remember that.

And to answer your question. NO, the F13 is Allan's grind, he designed it, cam motion grinds it, but as far as I know, he is the only one that they will sell that specific cam for.

Very nice cam too.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Seeing as how you haven't even dealt with them, this thread is pointless. Its just you venting. Which I can appreciate - but isn't fair to Futral seeing as how they haven't even spoken to you. And yes I realize it sucks you can't get a hold of them, but it usually takes me 2-3 calls to reach them - but they've ALWAYS pulled through for me. Blake is the guy to talk to up there if you want something handled.

Quick Reply: boy I hear those Futral cams are great, too bad I couldnt fuckin order one today!