LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Simple Quick Racing, Texas Speed, GMMG, FMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Quick Racing, Texas Speed, GMMG, FMS

I went through a hell of an ordeal when my motor blew up, the timing sucked. First off it took some effort by SQR to figure out what happened to it, and then move forward with the process. I ended up going with a TSP forged 347 due to the fact that I had already been in touch with Joseph and Jason about a set of heads, so when I had to get a motor they were the first builders I called. They had a motor that fit the bill already in the works so it was perfect timing.

Daniel @ Simple Quick went ahead with the motor R&R, which went smoothly, and also did a lot of extra work on the car. He also installed an FMS F13 that I had purchased previously, along with PRC Platinum springs and FMS chromemoly pushrods. His tuner also tuned it using Speed Density methods and it runs like a champ! No cold start/hot start issues and it drives in traffic llike stock if it weren't for the Spec 3 I have. I cannot complain about any of the workmanship whatsoever nor can I say enough about the customer service. Never had a problem reaching him or talkin about what I could do with my car. I highly recommend him to anyone local - or not so local - for any work you need done.

Texas Speed obviously provided the heart to my car and they were great, I called and bugged Jason quite a bit during the process and always went the extra step trying to get my order taken care of. I also have to mention Jon over there as I talked to him quite a bit trying to track down Jason, and of course Joseph who I talked to quite a bit as well. All great guys to deal with! Motor works great and holds great oil pressure. Not real noisy either.

While GMMG is no longer a sponsor, Cammin BeaSSt(Ron) helped me out quite a bit with a few key parts with this build and I wanted to mention him as well, as I talked with him quite often through the build and without his help I wouldn't have gotten it done nearly as quickly. He was a great help to say the least. Thanks Ron!

Blake @ FMS helped me out as well getting me some replacement pushrods sent out ASAP to make sure the motor got together in time. Big thanks man!

Here's a graph of the power my car made w/only 700 miles on the block:

Old 03-05-2006, 09:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a problem Travis. We always like hearing from you. Believe me, we appreciate you putting up with us too! Keep us posted on the car!

Jon
Old 03-06-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks to yall guys too. I was getting tired of hearing about his setup....
Old 03-06-2006, 03:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

A great bunch of guys over at SQR

And travis your car sounds
Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to help out man!!! More importantly, Im glad you are up and running again!!!

Give me a ring sometime.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:13 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Thanks! It was nice talking to you.

Quick Reply: Simple Quick Racing, Texas Speed, GMMG, FMS