LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Hi-Flo Woe (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Hi-Flo Woe (Resolved)

Ya know, Its sad when you get a feeling about somone, or a company, and to find you were were going for an unexpected ride.
Heres the story, and its public now, because all private efforts have been fruitless.
The mods were forwarned, Hi-Flo was contacted and is sad this thread now exists.

I will start by saying Marko is very likeable, innovative and has been sucessful for a reason, however, sometimes people get sooo busy they drop the ball...and thats okay, until is gets dropped again and misinformation is given.

Many of you old dogs remember my consistant posting a few years ago about my dealings with APE and the installation of my twin CAS kit. This was the kit that was custom made for Tom Izzo at speed inc by Tony. It was the largest kit with the largest turbos CAS put together.

After selling the kit in a fit of ignorance, it changed hands twice. I stayed in contact with the current owner and built a relationship with him.

Forward a year: Marko wanted to build a twin kit and mentioned a location similar to that of CAS / Incon for the turbos. I knew the clearances, I knew the max turbo housings that would fit and where. I contacted Marko and we spoke for 30 minutes or more on a few occassions. I knew his capabilities and wanted to assist in any way possible...heck, I wanted a kit..one without a few drawbacks of the CAS kit (log manifold).

I contacted the current owner of my kit and coaxed him to send the kit to Marko, so he could gain not only information, but "see" what the kit looked like, how it fit, where its weak points were, and hopefully improve upon it as the carrot for the current owner.

I vouched for Marko based on our talks, (both about this kit and about Supras). I was so sure this was going to be a nice way to help Hi-Flo and benifit the current owner... I prodded the owner to make it happen and there was nothing to lose.. only to gain. I gave them each others contact information.

This was, many many many months ago... Im guessing 9???

There have been so many excuses and promises about returning the kit..and it just never made it back. So many delays.

There was a post about this 2 months ago too, asking them to return what wasnt theirs. Theres a link at the bottom.
Bottom line... there have been excuses about the manifolds being "flowed" and that was months, there were promises to put it on ebay and take the proceeds and put it towards one of their new kits (numerous days past and it didnt get on ebay)... there was most recently a PM to me that it was shipping out that day... and event eh owner was told it shipped over a week ago...and guess what...nothing yet.

I feel as though Im on the hook here... I trusted them, I vouched for them, they have gone no-responsive to me and even the owner to an extent.
I dont know both sides of the story, thats true..but I do know the kit should have been returned long ago. Im sure we will hear excuses, and frankly all thats wanted is the kit back. Once the kit is retuned, this thread will be deleted. At this point there is no course of action that has worked.

Heres a copy of aa recent PM (though the last several have gone unanswered):
Re: The CAS Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer
Marko / Bill,

I vouched for you and arranged for XXX to send the CAS turbo kit to you. If your not going to have the kit back in 1 week (March 15) , please contact me with an explanation. I will not be posting publically at this time, or taking any other steps to move forward as I dont know your side... but I hear on a weekly basis some new excuse why its not back.
I have taken responsability here and wants some answers please.

The kit will be in his hands shortly. We were initially told to sell it for him and were in the process of spreading it out on a cloth for pictures. He then changed his mind and told us to send it to him. Not a problem. We boxed it up and it will leave the shop today. Keep in mind we incurred considerable costs including 2 day shipping ($250) charged to our account along with engineering solutions ($700) in an attempt to improve that system with no avail. None of these expenses will be charged.

And so... I'll continue
******** im not gonna debate some of the issues mentioned in the reply... its pointless.. but I will say, the kit was sent many moons ago, and return is way over due. Promises were broken, and the owner was told it had shipped last Wed *******

This is not a new issue.....see this thread..though it was "lightly" mentioned as to not make a public stink.... https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/433863-hi-flo.html

The worst part about this is: I am a f body and c5 owner, and I want each one of Markos kits... and I have no doubt when the product hits the street, there will be quality.. but I have an obligation to try to help the owner get the kit back, based on the fact I put them together and vouched for him. I have to put that ahead of my desires for a kit or two.

This is not personal, this is business... and someone has been to busy to get the job done.

As a side note: The entire kit was shipped to them including the turbos..and was shipped FOR THEM, not for a upgrade. The agreement was if they were going to use it or mount it and saw a way to upgrade, they would. They were having it flowed while there. No flow information was ever received. This kit was sent last July I beleive.

Last edited by Jammer; 03-23-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Thats a tough situation to be in, and the owner of the manifolds has contacted the Admins here. Hopefully this is just an act of severe procrastination and Hi Flow will take care of the issue immediately and ship those manifolds back to the owner.

Tony
Old 03-23-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope so.............
Old 03-23-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im personally good friends with the current owner of the kit, Hi-Flo is really getting redicilious about it. They have been giving him the runaround for about 3-4 months now about the whereabouts of the kit. It was said to be shipped back out to him a few weeks ago. Since then there has been no tracking number of the package given or has the kit showed up. I think its time for some answers from someone. This is definately a one of a kind kit and i would hate to see it stolen and never heard from again.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Ditto to what Tony said.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

John/Tony, have you two contacted Hi-Flo about this? What is there response?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would have already bought my plane ticket, to give Hi Flo a visit and pick the kit up myself. Good luck to who ever the owner is.

Last edited by SMDLS1; 03-23-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I have Marko's cell number and can call him tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Thats a tough situation to be in, and the owner of the manifolds has contacted the Admins here. Hopefully this is just an act of severe procrastination and Hi Flow will take care of the issue immediately and ship those manifolds back to the owner.

Tony
Just for the record, its not just the manifolds... its the turbos, downpipes, wastegates , some cold piping etc.

Thanks fellas.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

thats BS man
Old 03-23-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope everything gets sorted out...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow... just...

I'm speechless, and not in a good way..
Old 03-24-2006, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I have a meeting from 11-1pm, I will call Marko after that.

-ADMIN
Old 03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Jammer, as we said before the items did go out when you were told. I am currently on the phone with UPS checking to see what is the hold up with the package.

I was not aware that up to this point you were frustrated either, you seemed in a good mood every time we talked and it wasnt until recently that you decided that you'd rather get the kit back then have me try to sell it.

About the flow tests- the facility I had check the kit out/digitize it did give me a case study on the design/flow.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Trey Grimm, you have a pm with a tracking number.

I have talked to Marko and Trey, and here is what I hear and my judgement:

-Trey sends kit, formerly owned by jammer, to marko
-Trey is mostly thinking of selling the kit, up until early Jan
-Trey asks Marko to send back kit, decides to just install it
-Marko's shop does not ship, I'm thinking procrastination
-Trey talks to Marko, they discuss Marko selling it for Trey (over Ebay).
-Feb 20th or so, Trey just wants Marko to send back the kit.
-March 24: Marko says the kit is shipped. I send pm to Trey with tracking number.

I don't usually pass judgement but here is my take:
-1 pt to Marko not sending the kit back a couple of months ago
-1 pt to Trey for going back and forth for several months, between getting a new kit from Marko, and then agreeing to with Marko to put the kit on Ebay.
-1 pt to Marko still not sending the kit back in a timely manner.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Heres the tracking Tre # 1Z XA5 086 03 4310 7575

Details are most interesting, but somethings coming as of...today. Marko told me today it shipped 2 weeks ago so UPS must be on the blink.

"XXXXSECONDSUPRA: he should have it, if not we need ot file a claim"

Thanks to those involved and I will keep the issue updated. Once kit has been received, this thread will be gone and issue resolved. I have to beleive this has been a case of severe procrastination and some below par communication and at times, inaccurate information. I do not beleive that means Hi-Flo cant produce something of quality. I do not beleive there was any evil intention.

************UpDate*************

HODGKINS, IL, US 03/24/2006 11:30 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 03/24/2006 10:41 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN PALATINE, IL, US 03/24/2006 9:46 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 03/24/2006 7:33 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN 03/24/2006 7:10 P.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY

03/24/2006 5:33 P.M. PICKUP SCAN FROM SHIPPER -US

Last edited by Jammer; 03-25-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What angers me the most is that I finally had to make over 200 or so people look at this and check out how Hi Flow does business. You know if you would have been honest with me at first it would have never come to this. The most important part of a business is for your product to reach the customer on time. In this case, I was doin you a favor, you constantly lied to me. So I had no other option but to take it to the administrators and members of this board. Hi Flow I honestly believe that you owe not only me, but everyone on this board an apology for your commments previously about your kits, and to the administrators of this board for there efforts to keep your dignighty at rest.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Let us know when the kit arrives so I can keep track of this complaint.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:53 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And please stop saying you'll delete the thread, we do not like to have problems 'vanish'. It is important to have records of what has been dealt with and how. We will mark it as Resolved when/if it is resolved.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I received the kit today, everything seems to be fine. I am missing two flanges that bolt the outer compressor side of one turbo to the main section. Those are missing and the bolts that go to them. I don't really care about that stuff, anyone know where I can get them though??? I may just call Jose and see if he can get em.

Anyways, this issue is resolved. Thanks John and Jason for the help with this issue and thanks Hi Flow for shipping it back. I'm am truly sorry it had to come to this.

Thanks again,
Tre