LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

NLP is doing a '83 -> LS1 conversion :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NLP is doing a '83 -> LS1 conversion :(

I supplied a huge grocery list of parts to NLP for a conversion for my 83' camaro to include a LS1 engine. I've waited 45 days and through this time there have been misc parts they found out I needed, and I supplied pretty much everything they requested within a few days. Now I get a report that the PCM is bad. Why can't they bench test it? Can they take it to a dealer and get it tested? I bought it from a guy on this site and I hope it's ok (I have an email and PM current out to him for information). What other options do I have? Why can't NLP test the PCM and give me options to buy another or something. They are supposed to be the best! The best need to be able to do this stuff.

They also have me worried about who is doing the work there on my car, this is NOT an easy project and I am paying a lot of money to get this done. Apparently the guy doing a majority of the work left to get some experience at a GM dealership (does that mean he had none before that?!) and just recently came back. I would think a senior tech should be doing most of this, or at a minimum be keeping very close tabs on exactly what is going on and providing input and guidance.

Has anyone had any issues with NLP before?
I just really want my car back.

dingle
Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it looks like the PCM was bad, they put it up on their tester and it's hosed.