LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Disappointed with Scoggin Dickey

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disappointed with Scoggin Dickey

The clutch is going out in my 01 SS and is at the point of imminent failure. I called Scoggin Dickey and placed an order for the LS7 clutch kit with flywheel and upgraded goodies. Later they called back and said it was on backorder with no eta on when I could get the parts.

So being that I was in a rush and had to have a clutch for my daily driver, I ordered the old Z06 clutch set up and Slavecylinder/TO bearing combo. This was on last Monday, Mar. 20th.

The whole reason I purchased that clutch was that they said they could have it shipped 3day air on Wednesday (March 22) and it would be here Sat. (March 25) or Monday (March 27). I explained to them I had a trip the following weekend of Fri. Mar 31st.

It's Tuesday (March 28) and it didn't come by Fedex, so I called and got the shipping info. It is scheduled to arrive on Thursday the 30th which leaves me one evening to do the install after I get off of work and hope everything goes perfect cause I will have to leave on a 6 hour trip Friday right after work.

No calls were made to tell me of the delay and now I could be in a very difficult predicament.

Customer Service has been friendly and the price they offer is very good, but the whole reason I went with that clutch was that I needed one fast and they promised they could deliver.

Not trying to make a big deal or bash them, just had to vent a little

Last edited by ACW; 03-30-2006 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spacing, and dates
Old 03-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens ole buddy. It'll work out. Enjoy your trip.