LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Sick of the QTP bullshit

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sick of the QTP bullshit

Here's my story. I ordered my headers back in January with my local performance shop (PSI in Glen Burnie). The headers weren't ordered by Jeff @ PSI until late January. However, QTP promised mid-late February arrival date. Then February passed with no headers. We called back late Feb and they promised early to mid March. They didnt get us no headers again by mid-march. Then they finally told us mid march that it will be there by April 1st date. Now it is April 6th, still no headers. I ordered my custom cam last week and arrived yesterday. All my car project will be delayed to hot weather. I wanted to get my car with headers + cam before weathers get hot so I can get couple good runs in the track with it.

QTP can't keep their promise on delievery date and if there is a problem then admit it and tell us upfront. Don't set my hopes up on empty promises. I should go with kooks and **** will be done a lot better.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the money you spent on the QTP's probably could have gotten kook's for lil bit more money and had them installed yesterday.. Sorry your having this issue.. It should have been resolved 1 month late.. not 2.5.... hope you get it worked out....
Old 04-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
For the money you spent on the QTP's probably could have gotten kook's for lil bit more money and had them installed yesterday.. Sorry your having this issue.. It should have been resolved 1 month late.. not 2.5.... hope you get it worked out....

You right. I should go with Kooks because price is the same when kooks are on GP. A pair of TSP Pacesetters in stock werent a bad idea knowing that I have to wait. QTP better send me a nice pair of headers with no issues or I will go nut on them bastard.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Well get some answer's.. If they don't answer up w/ a firm date then get your $$$ back and put some other's on...
Old 04-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Banned

Sorry, i dont know where you got your info from but the batch that we are finishing up is was scheduled to be done this week. We got a little behind and they will be shipping next week. We got overwhelemed with ordered after we released the new price HVMC. Sorry if are angry but these headers are not quick to make. Also your order with PSI was not given to us unitl the end of februray and was told of the projected dates.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quick Time
Sorry, i dont know where you got your info from but the batch that we are finishing up is was scheduled to be done this week. We got a little behind and they will be shipping next week. We got overwhelemed with ordered after we released the new price HVMC. Sorry if are angry but these headers are not quick to make. Also your order with PSI was not given to us unitl the end of februray and was told of the projected dates.

I hope that the headers will be recieved by April 15th. Lets hope that the quality will match up to my expectation.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mousetom78
I hope that the headers will be recieved by April 15th. Lets hope that the quality will match up to my expectation.
my qtps were at my door 2 weeks after I ordered them, but i went straight through qtp, not a race shop.
they will meet the expectation brotha, you are gonna smile like a school boy when you see that ups truck
Old 04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Going through a third party like that is never a good idea unless you plan accordingly. To have the shop tell you the updates instead of calling QTP up with the order number that the shop gave you, and finding out on your own, is silly to come on here and yell at QTP. I never plan a timeline around parts unless they're sitting in my closet/garage. Otherwise you're asking for trouble.

In any event, please keep us updated on what happens.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Going through a third party like that is never a good idea unless you plan accordingly. To have the shop tell you the updates instead of calling QTP up with the order number that the shop gave you, and finding out on your own, is silly to come on here and yell at QTP. I never plan a timeline around parts unless they're sitting in my closet/garage. Otherwise you're asking for trouble.

So true. I ordered my 1-7/8" headers last year directly from QTP and was told 3-4 weeks due to the holiday season and received them as promised. I also ordered my Strange 12-bolt from Tbyrne, but called Strange directly for production updates so I knew exactly when to expect it delivered.

Quick Reply: Sick of the QTP bullshit