LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed Inc's Invoices

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:01 PM
In Need of Cup Holders!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Inc's Invoices

Ok, I have the right compnay know, I had them mixed up last time.

PLEASE stop listing the customers full name, cc number, 3 digit code auth. code on back of the credit card, the exp. date, and the card type (Basically every piece of information on the credit card) on the invoice thats included within the order. I wasnt exactly thrilled when I saw this. If that package ends up in the wrong persons hands (and we all know our crap gets lost in the mail )suddenly, they have ALL of my information right there in their hands.

But besides that, I was very pleased with them!
Old 04-14-2006, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had them do this on multiple invoices of mine too. Even after I asked over the phone to have it omitted. It's a very uncomfortable feeling to know someone else could have got ahold of that.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:04 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's common practice to include the last four digits of the card number (this is helpful to people with multiple cards to figure out which they used), but it's uncommon to include the whole card number, and very out of line to include the security code! I'm surprised such a major shop would do that. I definitely agree that stuff should not be on any invoices; hopefully they'll see this message and stop doing that!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:43 AM
TECH Regular

LOL

I ordered some stuff from Force Fed High Performance and they got it cheaper from Speed Inc. so they ordered from them and sent it direct to me. When I looked over the invoice, I had all of FFHP's credit card info in my hands on the invoice. I made post about it in the sponsor sale forum in one of Speed Inc's posts and it was deleted. Don't expect this one to last long.

I could have easily taken advantage of that situation.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Banned

I can understand some of your concerns. In the past 5+ years we have never had an incident in regards to fraud or theft that happened because of the way we process orders. We are very serious about this information. Its been our plan for a year now to move to a new order system but that process is a long one.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jon @ Speed Inc
I can understand some of your concerns. In the past 5+ years we have never had an incident in regards to fraud or theft that happened because of the way we process orders. We are very serious about this information. Its been our plan for a year now to move to a new order system but that process is a long one.
Until such time that you do get a new system, have you thought about giving your shipping folks some black Sharpies and instructing them to line out the sensitive information?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

I order thousands of dollars of stuff from speed and this is something that should be corrected. I would almost rather not get an invoice. UPS leaves packages on the porch were anyone can get them and I have had stuff solen before. Your invoicing should match the qualiy of your service wich is simply the best.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc's Invoices