LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Texas Speed is great

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Texas Speed is great

I just put my 346 to rest 2 weeks ago and I am going with the 402 from TSP. I just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that if any one of you is looking to go the 402 or 408 route then the guys at TSP are great. I purchased a cam and a few other mods from them and they helped the 346 reach a best N/A mark of 11.45 @ 119. Those guys are all very friendly and understanding of what you want to acomplish with your car. So to make a long story short, special thanks to TSP and Jon who has put up with me calling and bugging him on a regular basis. Thanks to all you guys..

Jason Walker
02 Camaro
Old 06-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

Old 06-08-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

Jon has been helping me with my heads and has done every thing possible to make shore every thing is right with them . And Jon is a A.O.K. guy. I encourage everybody on here to at least take a look at there products and pricing and tech support . Texas Speed & PRC is top notch performance and will be my first choice before i buy any performance parts any were.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

When I was in the market for a cam, I called two or three places and then I called Texas Speed. And the conversation with them was great, and like I stated earlier they understood what I was trying to acomplished and everything I ordered was delivered on time. Great crew at TSP......
Old 06-08-2006, 09:43 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Jon , Jason and Trevor are great people. They are an asset to us at LS1tech.

2 thumbs up!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

ordered a cam and some heads from trevor. I was such a pain in the ***, and he was always cool with me. Every mod that i have has been purchased from them. I will never go anywhere else.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

As soon as Fed Ex gets off their closed ***, then I got to send TSP the check. Great service and support guys.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:44 AM
9 Second Club

I surely would not say there the best . i have a long list of complaints that still are not taken care of .

i just finished the powertour and luckily i made it the whole way , but with a slipping clutch . i dont understand why they sold me a clucth with a hp rating lower than what my motor was supposed to put out .

i hope that someone steps up and takes responsibilty for there mistake?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will definatly give Jon 2 thumbs up, he has slung my card for over 10g's in the last two months lol.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
9 Second Club

yeah hes good at that , taking money
Old 06-12-2006, 07:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Jason maybe you could explain to us how the Powergrip HD is not enough clutch for your 402 LS2!?!? We've run the SAME EXACT CLUTCH in our 700rwhp procharger C5, 700rwhp Procharged C6, & 1000RWHP Twin Turbo C6! The HD Clutch should work very well for you, maybe something failed in it, or possibly the clutch is not setup right. Either way when the clutch is setup properly & working correctly it will support TONS of power. In either case attempting to blame my clutch selection for your issues is not at all reasonable. If you'd like call me & we can get ahold of Ram & see what kind of options we have to get that clutch checked out. I'll be more than happy to help any way I can!

That clutch has proven itself time & time again all over the internet. There's tons of people putting all kind of power adders on this clutch with very good results. Shoot me a email or call me & we can talk with Mike @ Ram. He's got tons of ideas & things to check on the clutch so we can find out exactly what's going on.

Originally Posted by datsbad
I surely would not say there the best . i have a long list of complaints that still are not taken care of .

i just finished the powertour and luckily i made it the whole way , but with a slipping clutch . i dont understand why they sold me a clucth with a hp rating lower than what my motor was supposed to put out .

i hope that someone steps up and takes responsibilty for there mistake?
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

sounds like a good thread for the 'sponsor feedback' section

I've bought a few things and got advice from them and had no issues
Old 06-13-2006, 09:53 PM
9 Second Club

Jason , I am not sure how its not enough or what is wrong but i barely made it home from the powertour.

Its on its way back to Ram right now . I did not have the time to deal with you directly as we know that it self is another complaint i wont go into.

On my bill it states good for 600 hp , i would assume this is motor hp . The car made 523 rwhp on a dyno so i would think thats over 600 . If your selection would be the cause of my trouble i would hope you take care of it . If its something else than so be it , then Ram would stand behind it

Now how about this ? Pushrods? There not right for the motor. I need to get the correct length in there and get this rocker arm chatter straightened out . Sounds like a damn solid roller cam in there.

you have my email i beleive, if not here ya go . jasmhuber@earthlink.net

its funny how much trouble i had getting a hold of you during this ordeal but now you have the time to take care of this . seems to me this ALL could have been avoided.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

uh oh......i think this thread might need ot be moved
Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

FWIW- I firmly believe you need to expend all possible efforts to contact the responsible party prior to posting here. Most sponsors (not all) will make it a point to make things right, especially when they have an almost flawless reputation.

These guys have trouble finding time to take a lunch break so cut a little slack. We make mistakes. I know I do on a regular basis.lol.

Take a deep breath and make a phone call. It will all work out. Trust me
Old 06-14-2006, 08:06 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
FWIW- I firmly believe you need to expend all possible efforts to contact the responsible party prior to posting here. Most sponsors (not all) will make it a point to make things right, especially when they have an almost flawless reputation.

These guys have trouble finding time to take a lunch break so cut a little slack. We make mistakes. I know I do on a regular basis.lol.

Take a deep breath and make a phone call. It will all work out. Trust me

man , If you only knew how many times i called them . I put in phone calls 1 after the other everyday and he would never call me back .

i even sent them an email referenceing my unhappiness. 2 weeks after the email i get a response saying they would be sending my missing parts . and i do have a hell of a list .

guess what , still no parts or phone calls and that was in feburary.
also for the record i am done posting . well see if they contact me

Last edited by datsbad; 06-14-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:23 PM
9 Second Club

well , once again i get a email from jason and now nothing again .
Old 06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

I just bought my cam pkg.(Torquer V.2) and timing chain from them, and couldnt have been more pleased! The shipping from TSP was fast as SH*T, and all my products were there nicely packaged.
Datsbad maybe you just got a faulty clutch, its not like TSP makes the clutches in the back, Im sure they had honest intentions with your situation.

Thanks again TSP just got all my stuff in the mail, and will do buisness again with!

Later!

Travis W.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:23 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks guys! Everyone along with myself appreciate the kind words and continued support. Sorry it took me so long to get in here. Just wanted to give you guys a big thumbs up too. You guys make it easy!

Jason,
With how busy Jason is with all the new stuff going on with PRC, he doesn't have much time to talk on the phone, answer emails, ect. It may take a more than a day for him to get back with you. If you want, you can PM me and I'll see if I can get something going. Sounds like you already have the clutch problem being worked on...

Quick Reply: Texas Speed is great