LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

disappointed in iForged customer service and quality

Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down disappointed in iForged customer service and quality

Well, I ordered a set of chrome iForged Aero's directly from Vince Wong back on March 10th and was told 4-6 weeks. Finally received them around 2 months later. I called a couple times leaving very pleasant voice mails to Vince asking about the status and asking him to return my calls. He never returned any calls. I expected a long wait, so that wasn't a big deal to me. I just wish he would have returned my calls.

I went to get the tires mounted and balanced and discovered that one rim had a radial runout of 0.10"!! I then noticed that one of the other rims had a very poor chrome job on the lip. At this point I was disappointed, as for what these rims cost there should not have these kind of problems. I called up Vince and he issued me a call tag to get them sent back. I sent them back to him the next day. He stated that they would fix the bad rim and probably install a new chrome lip on the other one and then send them back 2nd Day Air......this was three weeks ago. I have since sent out a few emails and left a few voicemails spanning 2 weeks asking about the status of them and asking him to please return my call. I have not had a return email or phone call yet and have no idea what the status of my rims are.

All I want are a set of good quality rims...is that too much to ask for after spending $3,200!??!

HERE'S a GREAT thread I posted over on camaroz28.com that has links to other board's members who have had similar issues. Also has a comment posted by an employee of a national wheel/tire company whose company has made a note in their computer system -not- to order from iForged because of customer service issues.

Paul

Last edited by JR HAWK 9; 03-01-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Badass pool player

This is David at MTI. I'm an IForged dealer and have always had good luck getting in contact with Vince and great luck with their wheels.

I'm going to send him a link to this thread in the hopes that he'll be in contact with you and you can resolve this issue to your satisfcation.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX
Old 06-13-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

thanks, that would be helpful...
all I want is what I paid for, a set of quality wheels
Old 06-13-2006, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry to hear about the issues. I removed the other site links because we are not interested in what goes on with other sites (no bandwagoning rule for this forum).

Hopefully Vince will make it right. The two sets of iForged wheels I have are perfect, and also took about 8 wks for delivery from order.

Tony
Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Paul,
You have a PM!!!! Your wheels are actually shipping out today.

Vince

Last edited by iForged Wheels; 05-16-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

thanks, looking forward to receiving them.

I hope that the chrome is good and both rims are straight and true.

Paul

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: disappointed in iForged customer service and quality