LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing & Aeromotive fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Thunder Racing & Aeromotive fuel rails

I purchased these fuel rails from thunder racing hoping for a direct bolt on replacement for oem ls1 fuel rails on a oem intake manifold, I don't want to get real technical in this post but I will say my injectors are stock length and worked fine on stock hardware.

The technical support at thunder was fine, although he said they have never installed aeromotive rails on a stock ls1 intake, he said I may have to do fabricating to make these rails work

Aeromotive suggested that I drill out the holes in the mounting brackets to move the rails down more and prevent the injectors from popping out.

I called up nasty n8 and asked about his fuel rails, they are solid mounted and the mounting bracket will not flex, in addition to that if he ships me a rail and there was such a problem he would refund my money from what I've been told over the phone, and he has the rails in stock fabricated in house.

The real problem is with thunder racings customer service (Angie is who I talked to, who is one of the higher ups from what I understand) she would not really work with me other than to have me ship the rails to them or aeromotive and at best get a replacement aeromotive rail set, in store credit or restock at 15% standard thunder racing fee. I explained that I do not want aeromotive rails or any other products from thunder racing right now and won't take a in store credit, when im ready to buy from thunder again I'll come back on my own terms not because I have a credit with them I need to spend. She finally said that if I shipped the rails back and they were defective she would consider taking other action but would not give me a yes or no, the resolution I wanted was if the rails DO have a problem then I'd like to see thunder racing either order me a set of nasty rails or refund my money without a restocking fee directly to my card, I know they take a CC hit every time a card is processed but that should not be my problem.

It seems like I can get this whole thing resolved it is just a mess and makes me not want to work with thunder racing, it would only cost me a few dollars if not free to have the brackets adjusted at the local machine shop but thats not the point to me, I recieved what I believe to be a really nice fuel rail and I got that, but I also got a really crappy mounting bracket and just don't want it on my car right now without getting a support welded on so the rail can't move, but thats not what I paid $200 for - if I wanted a set of rails and weld up brackets I would have ordered something like that, but I wanted a part that would go on my car and work which is what aeromotives advertising blurb promotes.

I'm sure thunder will say that I am buying race parts for a race car and buyers should be ware, but if I can avoid them in the future I will, at least other shops I have worked with (HPE, LS1Speed, etc) have offered me resolution on problems without any hassle.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Send me the rails and brackets. I will see what I can do. I havent had a problem with Aeromotive rails EVER. If the injectors are installed correctly and are seated in the intake and the rail then there shouldnt be a leak.

On the race parts comment. Yes you are buying a race part. Not everything fits without some modifications. NOTHING I have ever bought that states "Direct fit" does, so if you are building a "race car" and expect to not have to modify anything then we are defintely going to have a problem.

225-343-9029
Old 06-19-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

MADMAN, thanks for the offer, let me talk to the others that I work on my car with and figure out which route we want to take, i think that this point we will either locally have brackets fabricated or purchase nasty rails. I'm 100% confident that you can fix anything wrong with these brackets and it will never leak again, but the local shop that fabs for me can also do the same and turn it around same day with no S&H costs.

BTW your motor and hvac plates are on my car and they have worked out great so far!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Just let me know.

225-343-9029
Old 06-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Banned

I tried very hard to be patient and explain our procedure to you regarding the return of the rails. We will ALWAYS try to work with customers and normally I will bend over backwards to help customers. However, I do take offense when one of the first things a customer tells me is that if I don't give them their way, they will post about my bad customer service on the message boards. Message boards like LS1tech are an excellent source of technicnical information, and shouldn't be used as a way for individuals to "strong arm" vendors into giving them their way and trying to convince a vendor or manufacturer to break policy. I spoke with you twice today and I tried to explain our situation on this.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't have the answer that you wanted to hear. We will do everything we can to try to help you out (even having our tech guys spend a good bit of time with you today.) However, as I told you on the phone, I can not make a final decision on the rails until I see them myself.

Angie
Old 06-19-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Oh I'm not trying to strong arm my way into anything, ill resolve this matter without the help of thunder racing, if I was still planning on working with you I would not have posted this thread.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I see Angie trying to resolve this but she also posted her side of the story. Which she had the right to do. I offered to help and tried to explain that this is a "RACE CAR" part. I was willing as part of Madman/Thunder Racing to help. Obviously you had a complaint. Not a problem in my book. But the attitude you have now I have a problem with. If you were not planning to give us a chance to deal with your problem then WHY EVEN POST AT ALL!!!!

225-343-9029
Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Send me the rails and brackets. I will see what I can do. I havent had a problem with Aeromotive rails EVER. If the injectors are installed correctly and are seated in the intake and the rail then there shouldnt be a leak.

Ok MADMAN, if you really want a chance to fix it ill ship you the whole manifold injectors rails and all just give me your address.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

13779 Airline hwy Baton Rouge La. 70817. Put Attention Madman on the box.

225-343-9029
Old 06-20-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Ok it has been shipped FedEx ground and will be there in 3 days
Old 06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Pm me your phone number and as soon as I get the box I will call you.

225-343-9029
Old 06-26-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

It looks like this is all resolved, MADMAN took the time to look at my setup and we determined that the fuel rail mounting brackets must be bolted to the manifold before the rail to prevent the bracket from getting bent, once the rail is seated and tightened to the bracket the system would hold 100PSI of pressure.

Thanks for resolving this, I was only charged freight both ways and the price of a new oring set.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Glad to see you gave them the opportunity they deserved to fix this situation for you. Thunder Racing goes above and beyond for all of their customers. Enjoy those rails!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Let us know when this is finally resolved.

ADMIN
Old 06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Let us know when this is finally resolved.

ADMIN
I already posted that this was resolved...

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing & Aeromotive fuel rails