LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Fuddle Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Fuddle Racing!

Terrible experience with them so far. I ordered the thing on March 2nd. On the 10th i got a message from fedex for a shipment notification.
So far so good.
On the 15th I tried contacting Fuddle via voicemail- no response. On the 16th I left two voicemails- no response. I left an email also, that they did answer. It was a message stating that the converter was sent back to them as NON-deliverable. Bad packing I assume. I finally recieved the converter today the 22nd, 20 days after ordering the damn thing. I emailed thema couple days ago requesting my shipping money back, and still no reply. Today when i actually recieved the converter I was very disappointed to see the quality of the packing. Three holes in the box, NO packing material inside with the converter, and the converter was also missing one of the bolts.
Heres a picture of how I recieved the converter
Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

Wow. wouldn't expect that from Fuddle, the guy I talked to was a stand up guy.
I think the box might have something to do with Fedex, but as far as contacting them, they should be pretty direct.

I'b be pissed too, getting a new Stall is a great feeling, and shouldn't be diminished by something like that.

Best of Luck Silver
Old 05-22-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow i had herd nothing but great things, wonder what happened
Old 05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

All ive heard is great things about them too. They were really punctual in getting back to me when i sent in a request to buy a converter from them, but it seems that when I had a small complaint about something, they give me the cold shoulder.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just recieved an email from them, they are refusing to refund any type of shipping money to me. I spend $50 for shipping and have to wait an extra week and a half to get something from them. The delay in time wasnt my fault so why should I have to suffer for it?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

My box looked like that as well. Mine only had 2 holes in it and the cap was missing off the torque convertor. I had to clean out a bunch of cardboard from inside the convertor, were it chipped away at the box. I got my convertor in a timely fashion, but they do lack in the packing department.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Restricted User

We use john all the time. He overnighted one the day and called if he could get it together for me. He is only one guy. It sucks to only have one answering the phone, but you also control the customer relations that way. Send john a PM on here and i think he'll take care of you. He will more then likely address the shipping issue also.
Mike
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Sucks, but stuff happens. He and his wife are the only ones running the company, so maybe they were busy. When I ordered mine, each of them was more than happy enough to talk to me on the phone and answer any questions I had. As for the condition of the box, I'd say that's the fault of the shipping company, not Fuddle....
Old 05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

he can invest in some packing material
Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

yup. even newspaper!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
he can invest in some packing material
My thoughts exactly. Fedex might be responsible for the box getting damaged, but if fedex wont even ship the package in the first place, then there has to be something wrong with the quality of the packing they were using. Also, I highly doubt the box would have damaged that much if they would just have put a little packing material around the converter to keep it from banging around
Old 05-22-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
My box looked like that as well. Mine only had 2 holes in it and the cap was missing off the torque convertor. I had to clean out a bunch of cardboard from inside the convertor, were it chipped away at the box. I got my convertor in a timely fashion, but they do lack in the packing department.
Put the converter in tonight, I had to pull the tranny again after i installed it. The converter was locked up inside the crank. During shipping, the input housing got a little bit of damage and had some burs sticking out on it. I had to pull the tranny completly out again just to grind down some on the converter just to get it to fit
Old 05-23-2006, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man i just put my fuddle in and its great. So far everything went well for me; shipping, and everything. hopefully it gets better for ya
Old 05-23-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Totally sucks to have to pull the tranny back out. I never said anything about the packaging when I got mine a couple of months ago. I was just a little disappointed the way it was boxed. It was inside a brown box that was inside a little bit bigger box and Fed ex had retaped the top of the box together from the holes the tc put into it.

They should atleast pack the box with newspaper or bubble wrap. As heavy as the tc is and how thin the boxes are they're pretty lucky alot of people havn't had more issues. I think if the cap on mine was taped on it wouldn't have made the holes, but who knows.

Anyway I think you'll be happy with the tc and hopefully there is no other issues. Mines been in since the same weekend I got it, its a 3500 2.2 and I love it. With no issues other than the crappy packaging.

Good luck!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I sent them the picture of the box and another short message yesterday. Surprise, Surprise.... NO reply!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

I recieved mine in perfect shape! I'm not sure how packaging material could protect it if it falls, the converter is pretty heavy... as for the box thats fedex's conveyor belt destoying the box, plus if it say "undeliverable" that means the box ripped open during transit possibly convayor belt and the item was missing from the box, so john problably had to build another one, and thats way it took longer... But I'm just guessing here....
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00'WS6Rocket
I recieved mine in perfect shape! I'm not sure how packaging material could protect it if it falls, the converter is pretty heavy... as for the box thats fedex's conveyor belt destoying the box, plus if it say "undeliverable" that means the box ripped open during transit possibly convayor belt and the item was missing from the box, so john problably had to build another one, and thats way it took longer... But I'm just guessing here....
If that was the case, then he would have told me he had to build another one.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Silver_Whistler
If that was the case, then he would have told me he had to build another one.
When you said the box was damaged in shipping, I offered to send a new converter and file a claim with FedEx. However, you said the converter was not damaged. If you have now found it was damaged in shipping, I will gladly get you out a new converter. I offered to do it before for you, but you just said you wanted the shipping money returned. I am sorry, but all I have heard from you is that the box was damaged. You never mentioned the converter itself being damaged.

As I noted before, we double box the converters. We have sent these overseas many times, and generally, we have no problem with the packaging. FedEx wouldn't deliver it because your zip code was wrong; it had nothing to do with the packaging.

-Melissa
Fuddle Racing
Old 05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love it when i see the sponsers reply in a profession, inteligent, adult manner that makes sense. i love BOTH my fuddle converter products.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
i love it when i see the sponsers reply in a profession, inteligent, adult manner that makes sense.
Agreed.

Fuddle

Quick Reply: Fuddle Racing!