LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Rock on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock on?

I bought a transmission from Rock On in May. My core was sent back in the first few days of june. I had talked to Dave and he had told me that the core deposit would be sent as soon as they recieved the core. A few weeks later, I called them and found out they had already had the core transmission, but didn't send the deposit back to me yet. A few more weeks went by and I had sent Dave a couple emails and a PM (he didn't reply to any of them). My wife and I have called and talked to Dave and his staff about 15 times. In my email, I explained to Dave that I was really needing atleast some of the money back, but he never replied. Just about a week ago, my wife called and talked to Dave and was told by Dave that the deposit should have been sent out a long time ago and that his staff was at fault. A few days after that, my wife calls again and is told that Dave is in the hospital and we won't recieve our money until he's out. That was fine, I understand that completely. Today my wife called to see if Dave was out of the hospital and if they had our correct address. Dave's secretary said she couldn't look up our information and that nothing could be done...to which my wife replied "so you can't do anything while Dave's gone? The secretary then said "no we just sit around and twiddle our thumbs(sarcasticly)"...."when Dave gets out of the hospital, if he doesn't die, he'll help you". Now all of this was uncalled for. Am I wrong for wanting my deposit back. He told me to expect it a few days after he recieved my core. Now its been a few months and they keep giving me the runaround. Did I do something wrong? If anybody can help, I'd surely appreciate it.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My wife called Rock On yesterday, and the woman that answered was much nicer. She apologized for the last phone conversation and explained why she really couldn't help us. It turns out that Dave himself handles all the finances and nobody else has access to some of the info. But she did say that she didn't see any record of us or any notes saying to pay us for the core. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see if Dave is planning to give me my money or not. She also told us that Dave is OK, so I hope to be hearing from him soon.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What's up Dave? Can I get a reply man? Just let me know if you got my address correct and if you were able to ship my deposit back to me. I must admit you did a great job getting the transmission shipped to me within a few days of ordering it. Yes, ya'll he shipped my trans with maybe a weeks notice or less. And I gotta say, my transmission is working good so far, but I wish there was a little better communication.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:39 AM
TECH Veteran

I'll keep track of this as well, please post if you do have any further contact (phone, PM, email) and what resolution you come to.

If you paid by credit card you may want to start a dispute resolution process.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I paid by money order, but I have all his emails saying what was supposed to happen and when it was supposed to happen. I also have copies of the money orders and all that too. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My wife called Rock On this morning and a guy named Paul answered and said that the girl would call us back (which she didn't). All I want is for somebody to tell me that they got my address written down and that the check is on it's way. Dave, if you're reading this, can you tell me if my check is sent? Do I need to come all the way up there to get my money?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Admin is also trying to contact them about the current issues other members are having. If they are shipping out transmissions then *anyone* who has had contact should post up.
Hopefully from there you can contact Dave Jr. about your refund - keep calling no matter how irritating it is right now.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will do that.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

We have temporarily removed their advertising until they clear up these transactions.

ADMIN
Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I filed with the BBB a few days ago, so hopefully Rock On will straighten things out soon. They said Rock On has 22 days to resolve my situation.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rock-On is not accepting incoming calls. They only have a couple days left to resolve this matter with me according to the BBB. Then it will be their turn to see if they can get my money back from Dave. If not, I'll have to make the long *** trip up there to get my money or my core transmission....even if I get the core, they still owe me $100 for a gear selector.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dave has contacted me through email and assured me that he intends to make everything right with all of his customers. He's trying to get his shop back up and running. Dave(Sr) seems like a really good guy and I bet he'll have good transmissions being shipped out soon.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

We most sincerely hope this is the case. The last communication I had with Dave Sr is he was trying to get all the transmissions from last year done and sent back.

Thank you for posting the rather new information you have about them.

Quick Reply: Rock on?