LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Rock-On won't call back

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Rock-On won't call back

I've been trying to get ahold of Dave at Rock-On for 3 weeks. I left several messages on his phone over this time, also a message with his receptionist. I have dealt with so much transmission problems last year its ridiculous, and this tranny was supposed to fix it. yet a few months after getting it, its having repetative problems. I spoke to Dave about it back in April to resolve it, sent him all the info he requested, but he won't call back now. I want this resolved as I haven't been able to drag race my car in over 6 months because of this issue. I am a very patient person, but its wearing thin. Can anyone reach him?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts

I will contact him tomorrow (most likely) and tell him about your concerns.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:06 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been calling for over a month now, I have been waiting for 2 months for the damn thing. The last time I talked to Dave he said they shipped it full of fluid and the shipping company quarantined it. Dave told me he was going to pick it up and double check everything with it and ship it out, it has been 3 weeks since then. I have been calling since then and Amy is the one that picks up the phone, she keeps telling me she doesn't know what is going on and will call me back, she has never called me back once. The last time I called she told me they finally had one that they could ship, and she was tired of hearing my voice and hung up on me. I am still waiting on my tranny to arrive, I am getting fed up with them at this point, and if I don't have it by friday I am going to call and cancel the order and go order an FLT. Sorry to hijack the thread and writing so much, just been wanting to get this off my chest
Old 08-30-2006, 01:07 AM
11 Second Club

Contact him about me as well.. He owes me a refund, was supposed to have gotten with his receptionist.. Unfortunately I need pretty desparately right now as we are moving into a house, and could really use the money for tight times during closing/moving in process, etc.

Not only that, he doesn't answer pm's.. doesn't even logon, lol. Didn't answer the phone when I called the other day either..

Peace,
Josh
Old 08-30-2006, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

I been through the same problems.. but dave did come through and delivered it himself!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Same issue here! I ordered my transmission six weeks ago. I got the same story about fluid leaking and my transmission wasn't shipped. Then I call today and they said it was back on the dyno because the line pressure was too high. For the past 2 weeks I have been talking to Amy and nothing is getting done. I am getting very fed up with them. I finally got my torque converter yesterday so there is some relief. Hopefully they come through in a decent amount of time.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

so anyone reach them today?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

I think Rock-On is going under. I wouldnt buy a damn thing from them. Ive been trying to get my money back for 2 months and today the ladie told me "I dont know what to tell ya".
Old 08-30-2006, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

you guys waiting for transmissions are probably being held up by me, they've been calling me every couple of days asking when i am going to return my core because i was holding up their business. well i sent it out last week. they should have it by now, only bad part is i had to send the new trans out with it because i broke the front pump, who knows how long i will wait to have my DD back on the road...

they've always answered the phone when i call i guess because they wanted to see if my core shipped. i'll call tomorrow to make sure **** is moving along...
Old 08-30-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

this wait is ridiculous. I've been dealing with a problem for 6 months! And NO desire on Dave's part to help. I see I'm not the only one. If this doesn't get resolved soon, it will escalate. I hope he doesn't try to pull the out of warranty on me, cuz it started having problems under warranty, and they have been dragging their feet getting to me.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

what exactly is the problem?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by spy2520
what exactly is the problem?
-occassional hesitation to move in 1st gear when stopped
-2-3 shift is slow and sloppy
-constantly slips in 4th gear on the freeway.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

wow big list, i guess that rules out tuning issues...
Old 08-30-2006, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

I'm going to give him a call or two and a few more pm's before I decided to get serious with it.

I gave up on my tranny, and asked for a refund.. I put down 60% of the amount owed, and had actually called to pay the remaining 40% after waiting 2 months, and gave him my paypal card # instead of my bank card # by accident.. Luckily I didn't give him the remaining amount, because I probably would have never seen the tranny. I'm not really that upset about the tranny situation.. I sold the car, my stall I bought, and tons of stuff.. basically got tired of waiting on the tranny.. after 6 months it was enough (paid in december/january or something).

But I am upset about sending pm's to be ignored, then calling him and him admitting he got the pm's he had just been slacking.. That he'd have the accountant cut me a check. This was nearly 3 weeks ago.. no sign of a check. I told him since I changed my mind I didn't mind taking a hit on $100 for the trouble, just to please be timely in giving it back.

Well, the amount is over the state lines, so it is a felony.. If something does not get done here shortly, my faith will be lost.. and I will be forced to do something I was hoping not to do. He seems like a nice guy, and I've heard incredible things about his work. In fact, I've never had a problem whatsoever waiting for my money back up until recently.. but enough is enough. Ignored pm's, can't get in touch on phone, blatant lie about giving my cash back, and nothing yet.

Peace,
Josh
Old 08-31-2006, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by distortion_69
I'm going to give him a call or two and a few more pm's before I decided to get serious with it.

I gave up on my tranny, and asked for a refund.. I put down 60% of the amount owed, and had actually called to pay the remaining 40% after waiting 2 months, and gave him my paypal card # instead of my bank card # by accident.. Luckily I didn't give him the remaining amount, because I probably would have never seen the tranny. I'm not really that upset about the tranny situation.. I sold the car, my stall I bought, and tons of stuff.. basically got tired of waiting on the tranny.. after 6 months it was enough (paid in december/january or something).

But I am upset about sending pm's to be ignored, then calling him and him admitting he got the pm's he had just been slacking.. That he'd have the accountant cut me a check. This was nearly 3 weeks ago.. no sign of a check. I told him since I changed my mind I didn't mind taking a hit on $100 for the trouble, just to please be timely in giving it back.

Well, the amount is over the state lines, so it is a felony.. If something does not get done here shortly, my faith will be lost.. and I will be forced to do something I was hoping not to do. He seems like a nice guy, and I've heard incredible things about his work. In fact, I've never had a problem whatsoever waiting for my money back up until recently.. but enough is enough. Ignored pm's, can't get in touch on phone, blatant lie about giving my cash back, and nothing yet.

Peace,
Josh
wow, almost exact same situation with me. Got tired of waiting on my tranny, canceled the order and im selling my car right now. Whoever that ladie is that answers the phone sometimes, well she is a huge bitch!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by spy2520
you guys waiting for transmissions are probably being held up by me, they've been calling me every couple of days asking when i am going to return my core because i was holding up their business. well i sent it out last week. they should have it by now, only bad part is i had to send the new trans out with it because i broke the front pump, who knows how long i will wait to have my DD back on the road...

they've always answered the phone when i call i guess because they wanted to see if my core shipped. i'll call tomorrow to make sure **** is moving along...
LMAO, thats because they need you for something. See, we need something from them so no luck for us.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

pretty much...
Old 08-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Woa! Looking for a tranny now...GLAD I SAW THIS THREAD!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 08-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

This is Dave Jr sorry about all the problems. Dave Has been in and out of the hospital for the past year (heart problems). So I been trying my hardest to get things done thats why Amy been answering phones. Ill be shipping a few transmissions friday. Been low on cores have 26 cores out there not being shipped back. Dave will be out in a few days.

Quick Reply: Rock-On won't call back