LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

T56 Rebuilds.com goes waaaaaay beyond in customer service!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:35 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up T56 Rebuilds.com goes waaaaaay beyond in customer service!!!

well went to the N vs S event. friday night i make a motor pass to do a log, and bam, stuck in 4th. i was pretty sure it was the 4th gear slider key. i approached Joe and Amber to speak with them about possibly looking at my trans if i yanked it out. well about an hour after that, Amber came over to tear the trans apart on my trailer. lol!!! sure enough one of the keys was lodged out of place.

Joe and Amber headed up to make another pass, both Joe and Amber came back to assist in reassembling my trans after that. sat. morning in went the trans and i was rolling again !!! i had to do some minor surgery on the keys to make them right again. thanks to everyone who helped, specially Randy and Stephen Stumpf and Roman!!! hecK Stephen buttoned up most of my trans on sat. morning, i had a migraine from hell!

well the happy ending behind this is i got to run the EFI Extreme class and took 1st place

thanks, it never would've happened without your assistance! talk to you soon about the billet keys

this weekend was truly about helping others out at the track, i had Tonyss1 - uzse of 2 ezxtra jacks stands, and generator, Kurt Urban- use of a catch can, Jim Filipowski- use of some grease, racers next to me- use of snap ring pliers etc.... help out so i could still race! a big thanks to all my friends and to fellow racers that helped out with even the smallest of things!

i just don't know if Amber and Joe would drive up to Michigan if i have another problem with my trans The both of you are a class act, thanks for making my trip to the track an extremely memorable one!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Taner

Joe and I are both glad we could help. This is definantly a trip we will remember. We also took 1st place in Super Stock so we both had a great weekend. Call us soon.

Thanks
Amber
Still driving the long haul from Michigan.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:29 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Yeah that was very nice of Amber and Joe to help out like that!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:12 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love stories about racers kelping racers. That is what really makes the strip the best place to get it on!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing we forgot to mention is there was NO light for reassembly. Joe had the headlights off a jeep in the distance!

Amber
Old 09-04-2006, 09:51 PM

yeah thanks to Stephen's Jeep !

i checked my logs, i took it very easy on my 3-4 shifts, i gave up 3 tenths because i didn't trust the condition of the keys that were cleaned up by hand. there is a ton more in the car, i will be calling mcleod for new clutch linings tomorrow, i could smell clutch after every pass, i think that was why the car was surging all the way through 3rd and 4th gear. the 1.51 60' in the finals didn't help my et any either. but my .112 light sure did!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We just meet Joe and Amber over the weekend, great people and very happy to get to know them. Glad they could help you out Taner, thats what racing is all about

Off subject but Taner are you going to be at the M11 event this year?

Ryan
Old 09-05-2006, 11:13 PM

gonna try to make it there no guarantees, we are sponsoring the event as well.

Quick Reply: T56 Rebuilds.com goes waaaaaay beyond in customer service!!!