LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Trying to get a refund from Futral, bad experience

Old 10-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get a refund from Futral, bad experience

Maybe this isn't the norm, but I have had quite a bad experience with Futral motorsports. Let me start from the beginning.

I ordered a cam, pushrods and gasket kit in early August. I was told there was a 10 day wait to have the cam ground. Not a problem. My card was charged on 8/25 (about 10 days after order was placed). A few weeks pass by, and still no parts. I'm a reasonable person, and kept waiting.

I tried numerous times to contact them by phone, and e-mail. I finally got someone to pick up the phone, and was informed that the pushrods I had ordered were on backorder (this was in early september). I would have been nice to know the parts were not in stock, as I would have bought them elsewhere. So, I am told the parts are going out the next day, and I would get a tracking number sent to my e-mail. A few days pass by, and no tracking number. I leave town for a week on business (expecting to have some parts at the front door when I get home). Still no parts when I get home.

At this point I am getting irritated. I send a PM to Futral motorsports about the parts/ tracking number situation. On 9/17 I recieved a tracking number. On 9/18 I recieved a package, but it was ONLY the cam. The other parts were no where to be found. That same day I sent John a pm, inquiring about the missing parts. On 9/19 I got a pm back saying that he would look into it for me.

At this point I am tired of dealing with the situation (and need the parts), so I order the missing parts from Scoggin-Dickey performance on 9/21. That same day I contacted john and asked to be refunded for the parts that I never got (LS2 timing chain, pushrods, and gasket kit). He said this was not a problem.

Well, it is now the 18th of October and I still have not been refunded. I have made several inquiries, and am really starting to get tired of all this. I just want my money back so I can forget about this whole experience. Sorry for the rant, but this has been very frustrating.

Andy

Last edited by streetk14; 10-19-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 10-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let everyone know, the problem was sorted out. My bank account was finally refunded. There was some sort of problem with their bank, so I cannot place all of the blame for the refund problem on them. After all of this, I can say that I will not be doing any business with Futral in the future.

Andy

Search this Thread