LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

VFN Fiberglass - ws.9 outlaw hood

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up VFN Fiberglass - ws.9 outlaw hood

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

It's been a while since I made my purchase but thought that some folks may find this feedback helpful as I have seen a few of you asking for advice on purchasing VFN products.

Customer service: Excellent. I must have called like 8 times for progress updates on my order and almost everytime I needed my order # because I was always misplacing it. When they were too busy to retrieve information for me at that very moment I always received a return phone call on the same day except once. Always friendly. Provided information to the body shop installing the hood when requested (took about 2 days for them to contact the body shop after I had emailed them pics of the trouble areas.) They were happy to ship me two grill inserts immediatly after I notified them that they were not included as they should have been.

Product: Shipping time was a little excessive. They missed their 6 weeks shipping goal by a little over a week. It was 10 days late I believe. The grill inserts were not included (but like I said, they readily and promptly addressed that issue.) I am still having some major fitment issues that may or may not be due to the product itself as the body shop I had do the work employs a few clowns that don't seem to know what they are doing and can't follow directions. It appears to be short at the front near the bumper cover and bows up at the sides. But alas it's already painted and too late to bring up to them. There was also a rather large "ding" at the rear near the cowl and the edge near the cowl looks like it could have been done a little better. It just seems a little jagged and rough. But nothing a decent body shop could have corrected.

I am a happy customer though and would recomend them to anyone. I just wish I would have picked a more competent body shop as I believe them to be to blame for most of my issues. Great looking hood!